• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Pro Wrestling thread.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Another one today...

--Mick Foley as Santa Claus introduced the AWA Christmas Brawl on WWE 24/7 this month. He has son Huey pick out a gift from under the Christmas tree. The gift he brings back is a DVD called "The Best of Test." They open the box, and there is no disc inside. Foley ends up laughing and spitting milk all over his Santa suit. (thanks to Matt G)
http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=18199

silver1

TRIBE Member
In other (less tragic) news, the following people were fired from WWE yesterday:

Tony Mamaluke (FBI)
Doug Basham (Paul Heyman's security)
Danny Hollie (Danny Basham)
Al Snow (only fired from his talent contract with ECW, he is remaining with the company as a trainer at OVW)
Gymini (Mike & Todd Shane)
David Heath (Gangrel)
Sylvester Terkay
Rodney Mack
Jazz

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Waha! Taker won the Rumble!

Really good Rumble with lots of solid booking...The match came down to Michaels and Taker, and those two tore it up for several minutes before Michaels went over. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with this. My feeling is that they're going for Batista-Taker for Mania, and some kind of 4-way for the Raw title with Shawn, Cena, Orton, and Edge.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Best Rumble match I've seen in years. Overall pay per view was meh. Cena vs. Umaga last man standing was done well, good twists and good ending

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
On the LAW (listening on the way home) they were saying that Hardys/MNM was the match of the night...Not sure what those guys were watching but I thought it was pretty far from it.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
What?!
The only good thing about that was the height/distance Jeff got off the top rope at the end. Everything else was bad

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sylent Syd said:
The title vs WM undefeated streak...Makes a tasty main event, indeed ;)
It does. They can go a few ways with it:

1) Taker wins the belt, continuing his undefeated streak. He's got one more title run left in him before he retires, I think. And Smackdown needs the revitalization that'll come from that (Taker always brings the viewers in). He showed last night that he can still go...He and Shawn really tore it up. I'd actually love to see Shawn move to Smackdown and have those two feud (we haven't seen them wrestle since the first Hell In A Cell, I think).

2) Batista loses by DQ or countout, retaining the title while Taker keeps his streak. This would be so 'TNA' it hurts. Screwjob finishes really suck at Mania and I'd prefer that it doesn't go down this way. Not to mention that the net effect would be nil.

3) Batista wins clean, ending the streak. If they used this to turn Batista heel, I'd be into this. There would be a lot of genuine fan outrage over Taker losing the streak and Batista could capitalize on that and be a monster heel for the next year. His character blows as a face, but might be fresher if he turned heel for a while.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mania main events are official:

Batista vs. Taker for the Heavyweight Title
Cena vs. Michaels for the WWE Title

I'm thinking we might see Orton vs. Edge too, which is pretty dumb if you ask me. They should stay as a team until HHH comes back so they can have one more match with DX to blow off that feud and to let Trips get some revenge for the injury.

Donald Trump will be involved in a match somehow as well (as a manager, no doubt, against Vince)...People are saying it'll be the Hogan match.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally it was supposed to be Big Show, but I guess Khali will have to do. I really can't believe that it's been twenty years since Hogan slammed Andre. I'm old.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Well it's on -- Trump (representing some wrestler - probably Hulk) vs. Vince (with Khali, or maybe Umaga) in a hair vs hair match!

Trump or Vince WILL! BE! SHAVED!

ps - anyone catch the TNA special last night? What was the new gimmick match they announced?

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
Flashy_McFlash said:
Well it's on -- Trump (representing some wrestler - probably Hulk) vs. Vince (with Khali, or maybe Umaga) in a hair vs hair match!

Trump or Vince WILL! BE! SHAVED!

ps - anyone catch the TNA special last night? What was the new gimmick match they announced?
Hogan is off of Mania

silver1

TRIBE Member
Hulk is just doing the same thing he does around every mania.

He says he not doing it.

He says he's in talks with TNA.

Just to garner a bigger $ offer to do mania.

He knows how to play the game perfectly.

$10 says he'll be at mania.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
silver1 said:
Hulk is just doing the same thing he does around every mania.

He says he not doing it.

He says he's in talks with TNA.

Just to garner a bigger $ offer to do mania.

He knows how to play the game perfectly.

$10 says he'll be at mania.

Do you have paypal? I will take that bet!