1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Pro Wrestling thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Subsonic Chronic, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

*snort*

I love Foley's Test/Al Snow/Steve Blackman digs.

2. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Another one today...

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=18199

3. Flashy_McFlash

4. Baters

Baters TRIBE Member

cena end's the umaga streak, HHH out indefinitely with a quad tear

5. Flashy_McFlash

LOL, Trips can't take a piss without tearing his quad.

Hopefully this puts that DX angle out of its misery.

6. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

Bam Bam Bigalo passed away today

R.I.P

7. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

8. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

In other (less tragic) news, the following people were fired from WWE yesterday:

Tony Mamaluke (FBI)
    Doug Basham (Paul Heyman's security)
    Danny Hollie (Danny Basham)
    Al Snow (only fired from his talent contract with ECW, he is remaining with the company as a trainer at OVW)
    Gymini (Mike & Todd Shane)
    David Heath (Gangrel)
    Sylvester Terkay
    Rodney Mack
    Jazz

9. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I just found out today that the story about Bam Bam Bigelow saving a bunch of kids from a fire was all made up.

Double tragedy. :(

10. Flashy_McFlash

Was that a lie? Meltzer was saying it was for real last night on the LAW.

11. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Well Meltzer was saying he thinks it was real but wasn't 100% sure.

12. Flashy_McFlash

Waha! Taker won the Rumble!

Really good Rumble with lots of solid booking...The match came down to Michaels and Taker, and those two tore it up for several minutes before Michaels went over. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with this. My feeling is that they're going for Batista-Taker for Mania, and some kind of 4-way for the Raw title with Shawn, Cena, Orton, and Edge.

13. Sylent Syd

Sylent Syd TRIBE Member

The title vs WM undefeated streak...Makes a tasty main event, indeed ;)

14. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Best Rumble match I've seen in years. Overall pay per view was meh. Cena vs. Umaga last man standing was done well, good twists and good ending

15. Flashy_McFlash

On the LAW (listening on the way home) they were saying that Hardys/MNM was the match of the night...Not sure what those guys were watching but I thought it was pretty far from it.

16. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

What?!
    The only good thing about that was the height/distance Jeff got off the top rope at the end. Everything else was bad

17. Flashy_McFlash

It does. They can go a few ways with it:

1) Taker wins the belt, continuing his undefeated streak. He's got one more title run left in him before he retires, I think. And Smackdown needs the revitalization that'll come from that (Taker always brings the viewers in). He showed last night that he can still go...He and Shawn really tore it up. I'd actually love to see Shawn move to Smackdown and have those two feud (we haven't seen them wrestle since the first Hell In A Cell, I think).

2) Batista loses by DQ or countout, retaining the title while Taker keeps his streak. This would be so 'TNA' it hurts. Screwjob finishes really suck at Mania and I'd prefer that it doesn't go down this way. Not to mention that the net effect would be nil.

3) Batista wins clean, ending the streak. If they used this to turn Batista heel, I'd be into this. There would be a lot of genuine fan outrage over Taker losing the streak and Batista could capitalize on that and be a monster heel for the next year. His character blows as a face, but might be fresher if he turned heel for a while.

18. Flashy_McFlash

Mania main events are official:

Batista vs. Taker for the Heavyweight Title
    Cena vs. Michaels for the WWE Title

I'm thinking we might see Orton vs. Edge too, which is pretty dumb if you ask me. They should stay as a team until HHH comes back so they can have one more match with DX to blow off that feud and to let Trips get some revenge for the injury.

Donald Trump will be involved in a match somehow as well (as a manager, no doubt, against Vince)...People are saying it'll be the Hogan match.

19. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Hogan vs. Great Khali

Im betting

20. Flashy_McFlash

Originally it was supposed to be Big Show, but I guess Khali will have to do. I really can't believe that it's been twenty years since Hogan slammed Andre. I'm old.

21. Flashy_McFlash

Well it's on -- Trump (representing some wrestler - probably Hulk) vs. Vince (with Khali, or maybe Umaga) in a hair vs hair match!

Trump or Vince WILL! BE! SHAVED!

ps - anyone catch the TNA special last night? What was the new gimmick match they announced?

22. Big Boss

Big Boss TRIBE Promoter

Hogan is off of Mania

23. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Hulk is just doing the same thing he does around every mania.

He says he not doing it.

He says he's in talks with TNA.

Just to garner a bigger $ offer to do mania.

He knows how to play the game perfectly.

$10 says he'll be at mania.

24. Big Boss

Big Boss TRIBE Promoter

Do you have paypal? I will take that bet!

25. Baters

Baters TRIBE Member

me too!