1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Pro Wrestling thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Subsonic Chronic, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I'm totally shocked over the Angle announcement. Seriously... I would have never seen this coming.

2. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

Apparently he's walking away from $500,000 (the remainder of his contract). The only one who's ever done that to WWE to go to TNA was Raven, though I'm sure his was worth signficantly less. :)

I think it's good, though, that TNA is now a viable option for disenfranchised WWE guys. I'm looking at you, ENTIRE CRUISERWHEIGHT DIVISION. Then again, TNA likely doesn't need any more competition in the X-Division now.

3. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

^^^ naa fuck that, more competition i say.

it was the only reason WCW was good in the early/mid 90's

however, TNA has basically turned into WCW before it folded... shame, it had promise.

4. Flashy_McFlash

Angle debuts on TNA tonight on Impact.

Highlight if you want to see his opponent:
    Angle will face Samoa Joe.

5. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

awesome, that's a proper debut!

thanks flashy!

6. Flashy_McFlash

Personally I'd have preferred for them to tease that match out for like, six months and have the guy face every other possible opponent first, but what can you do.

7. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

i can't deal with TNA on the regular. even with daniels, styles, joe, christian and now angle, it's just too over the top and ghetto.

rip capt. charisma. :(

8. Subsonic Chronic

I can't believe they're showing that tonight. They really should have built it up for a PPV, they could have got more buy rates for their first encounter than they've ever had with Sting, Nash, or any old WWE reject who they've tried to push as a new star.

9. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Actually, Angle is just doing an interview tonight (where he supposedly rips on Vince big time).

the fighter you mentioned is fighting Christian in a ladder match tonight.

There's no way they're giving away Angle's first match for free on TV. Even in the upcoming PPV he's just acting as an inforcer in the Jarret/Sting match

10. Subsonic Chronic

Ok good. With that said, a program with the afformentionned opponent would be huge, especially if the TNA star went over Angle in the end.

11. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Angle would not have it any other way then to have a program with the aforementioned star.

I'm certain it was a requirement for Angle coming in to have a program with that guy eventually.

In other news, Kevin Nash is making his return yet again tonight. I'm sure to help put over younger rising stars ;)

12. Flashy_McFlash

But they taped that match (Angle and _____) for Impact. I read the spoilers earlier this week...Then again, they tape them in pairs so that match might (probably will) end up being shown next week. Sorry for the confusion. I actually missed impact but I heard that the interview was quite good.

edit: I just checked and that match will air next week.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  13. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

After reading the spoilers, it's not an actual match.

14. Flashy_McFlash

Goddammit, my reading comprehension is clearly at the level of an average pro wrestling fan.

:mad:

15. joey

joey TRIBE Member

my days of watching wwe are offically OVER.

i will not watch it again. ever.

it boils down to the same reason why i will never eat burger king.

a few years ago burger king had a backstreet boys promo running...

kevin federline was on wwe this week.
    i dont care what the contect.
    if he was there as a joke or not.
    they had kevin federline on the show.

wow.

weak.

16. Subsonic Chronic

17. Flashy_McFlash

Never have I seen such a heatless mess of a PPV as the ECW joke last night.

Highlights:
    - Only two matches announced before bell time. One of which (Hardys vs. MNM) did not involve one single ECW character.

- Dead crowd for everything but the aforementioned two matches.

- A steaming pile that was the main event - "Extreme Elimination Chamber"? What a joke. When CM Punk and RVD (the favourites going into the match) are the first eliminated, there's a problem. Not to mention that Sabu (who could have saved the whole thing) was replaced by the heatless wonder, Hardcore Holly.

- Your new ECW champ...BOBBY LASHLEY? WTF!

Yeah, I don't see ECW lasting past Mania at this rate. What unmitigated trash.

18. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

new dvd release by wwe:

"The rise and fall of ECW, then the resurection, followed by the not soon enough second (third?) death"

19. Flashy_McFlash

lol!

Yeah, looks like you called it!

20. Flashy_McFlash

Do yourself a favour and download Smoa Joe vs. Angle II from last night. One of the best matches I've seen in years, and quite possibly Joe's best to date.

21. Subsonic Chronic

Good to know, I think I'm gonna give that a d/l tonight. I had this fear, what with it being TNA, and TNA being run by Russo, that fucking up the potentially greatest feud in the past few years of pro wrestling was a sure thing.

22. Flashy_McFlash

I can't speak for the stories or angles around the match (I don't really watch Impact but if I pull in the PPV's for free on satellite, I'll watch them) but there was definitely a 'big match' feel to the thing. Hot crowd, too. There's definitely some Russo influence elsewhere in TNA (hello, New Age Outlaws 2006 and Kevin Nash's X-Division wankfest) but the in-ring product hasn't suffered at all, IMO.

Also, I have to admit that I'm finding Konnan's "LAX" group a guilty pleasure. Really good angle with some capita-A Amazing promos, and the in-ring product is quite good too.

23. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

Sly Stallone and K-Fed on 3hr raw special tonight, i may just watch to see what dumb shit they have these two involved in and hopefully it ends with K-Fed (god i hate calling him that) getting knocked the fuck out by Rocky:D

24. Flashy_McFlash

Stallone was actually really good about putting the wrestlers over in that interview...He really talked about how tough they were and how they were able to withstand punishment.

Then he goes on about how a show like "The Contender" would work well in the WWE....WTF? What do you call Tough Enough?

25. Subsonic Chronic

LOL!!!

From today's Wrestling Observer update:

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=18196