• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Prince of Pot

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Last night on 60 Minutes, I found out that the United States wants to take this Canadian man to American jail...
Apparently selling seeds makes Mark Emery one of the biggest exports of marijuana to the United States from Canada...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/02/60minutes/main1363340.shtml

The article explains it all. IMO, I dont think their is anyway that the States should be allowed to take a Canadian Citizen over the border to send him to jail...

Thoughts?

(If this was previously posted, sorry, I couldnt find it in the search.)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
hes been posted about before, i dont know if this is new or not, but i assume it is just more news on his on going struggle as the prince of pawt.

he can be entertaining:cool:

[jai]

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
I heard on the radio yesterday that the decision was made to extradite him to the U.S. I'm hoping that that was just heresay from a shitty radio show. I would be very surprised if we actually sent to the U.S. considering the volume of sentence he would recieve there.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Bass-Invader said:
I heard on the radio yesterday that the decision was made to extradite him to the U.S. I'm hoping that that was just heresay from a shitty radio show. I would be very surprised if we actually sent to the U.S. considering the volume of sentence he would recieve there.
that would be horrible news and a slap in the face to our so-called 'sovereignty'. say it ain't so.

d

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
that would be horrible news and a slap in the face to our so-called 'sovereignty'. say it ain't so.

d

We extradite people all the time for shipping drugs to the USA. The seed, the leaves, the bud and even the stem are all considered to be illegal in both countries. The fact that Canada chooses to not enforce its laws does not change the fact that he shipped an illegal product with willful intent on a regular basis to the USA.

We extradite people to face charges all the time, often for activities that we don't even consider a crime. As long as he isn't facing the death penalty we ship him out to face his charges.

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
I haven't heard any news on this recently, but I would expect there will be an extradition hearing in Canada before Emery is extradited.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
What makes this kind of funny is that Mark admits to doing every single thing that the USA is trying to extradite him over. Its pretty much a slam dunk case in the USA, technically what he did is illegal in Canada they could charge him with the exact same crimes in Canada.

The only diffference is the penalty. In the USA he might serve life, I Canada likely it would be large fines or a couple of years.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
dvs said:

d
it has nothing to do with sovereignty. The only problem with (other than Marijuana being illegal at all) is the huge disparity in punishment he will be subject to in the US as opposed to in Canada.