1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The post-nuit blanche hipnosis party

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by erika, Oct 3, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Was amazing
    Wonderful levels of dishevelment
    Violca wandered a bit into bigger room (for those who stood near the front and texted - what's up with that) but brought it back to something deeper and hotter - so good!

Tremendous fun, and all kinds of moments, and sweaty :)

Kiki I loved you tonight
    Ali, close out set so good

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

It was like being transported back to a warehouse party in Toronto in the mid 90's - just as excellent, and probably one of the best parties I've been to in the last decade. A classic dark warehouse room, hawt girls, a touch of seediness, a sprinkle of gay, a pinch of art, a guy with a cowbell and triangles, a good sound system, great DJs. Ali Black rocked it majorly, and Riviera; holy crap! I am pretty sure a little bit of Larry Levan is reincarnated in her, I kid you not. Nice work Paul and Ali and crew and great space Mark.

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    Agreed. Best party I've been to in forever :)

4. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Man.... I SO wanted to be there, but there were other plans... man, I soooo wanted to check this out!!!

5. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

amazing music and vibes all night.... packed to the tits and sweaty as hell. Speaking of tits, quite a few were being flashed as well!!

Quality event, amazing warehouse business.

Great finally meeting erika at a party!!! you are no longer the polkaroo

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

hahahahaha - likewise!

7. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    indeed it was :)

8. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

stumbled into this jam late, on my way home from nuit blanche and ossington fun. vibe was great, music was great, couldn't ask for more. being able to walk 1 block to get home was an added bonus

9. Techdruid

Techdruid TRIBE Member

Hello Tribe!! first post...

Was Fantastic. Brought me back to the old warehouse days for sure. <3 SICK house beats, friendly people, and sexiness all around. Big ups to the trumpet & sax!! but boo-urns to the "non-musician types" getting all hopped up on cowbell later on in the night. (my ears hurt, oof!) Interesting times with girl asses by face. I was too sore for much dancing from walking in platforms across the zones of Nuit Blanche with a bunch of drunkards earlier in the night, but when 6 AM came - we were still glowing!

So yes, had a fantastic time. Lovely to meet you Erika - finally made me stop lurking and join Tribe for once and for all. :)

10. octo

octo TRIBE Member

it was at capacity when we got there. so we went to footwork. when footwork closed down we went back to hipnosis. got in for a bit. got our dance on but noticed cops inside and then the party got shut down. :(

11. erika

erika TRIBE Member

NOW I know who you are!

octo, it's all about timing and location :)

12. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

13. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Those are fun; you got there early enough to photograph some stuff I couldn't even see because it was so jammed later on.
    Nice shot of Deevah and I'm so glad I was spared!
    Nice shot of the contents of JC's magic suitcase.
    As for all the semi-clad dancing up on the ledge up against the wall, well you just had to be there to enjoy ;)

14. Techdruid

Techdruid TRIBE Member