• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The PIMPED out cars are back

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
ok ok...
i don't know if anyone has posted this b4 but i'm doing it now anyway....

tis the season when men and women alike revive their sweet babies and bring them on the road again.

I'm all for artistic expression when it comes to cars...ie
wikked paint, lowering it, sassy rims, wings, and other body kit tings...

but the loud exhaust thing has to stop.
it annoys the shit out of me and has no point>>> for a car in city driving...leave it for the track

it causes noise pollution and keeps me up at night >those hoolligans in my neighbourhood!!!

please put your attitudes aside and make your car a stealth sleeper!!!

janICE:>

Totally agree. There's nothing more annoying than listening to something that sounds like a jacked up lawnmower zip by.

Besides, most of these cars are going to be the jokes of the next decade. Why not just airbrush a unicorn and some space landscape on the side of your stupid car?

From the Ministry of there's taste and then there's lack of it.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by discodancer_j
ok ok...
i don't know if anyone has posted this b4 but i'm doing it now anyway....

tis the season when men and women alike revive their sweet babies and bring them on the road again.

I'm all for artistic expression when it comes to cars...ie
wikked paint, lowering it, sassy rims, wings, and other body kit tings...

it annoys the shit out of me and has no point>>> for a car in city driving...leave it for the track

it causes noise pollution and keeps me up at night >those hoolligans in my neighbourhood!!!

janice, you're such a THUG

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member

I agree, some people have exhausts that just whine and scream and sound like shit. They obviously don't know anything about tuning them.

Cars are more classy as stealth sleepers, I can't stand those metal F1 style spoilers, what is up with those? And why does everyone have those blue lights on their hoods? those are really lame as well, Its always on the shittest car too. The other day I saw those lights on an 81 suburban. Maybe it was supposed to take your attention away from the big hole in the side caused by excessive rusting.
There's a kiosk in the eaton centre where they sell all that stupid shit, they have an exhaust tip that has a neon light inside it :rolleyes:

coleridge

TRIBE Member

Yeah I fully agree. I live on Adelaide east dowtown. All I hear all night is losers racing over to the Don Valley to head north to their parents house in the burbs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Joker FX Cha

TRIBE Member
discodancer_j!

Since all these people agree w/ you, I'm going to have to disagree. Nothing better then the sound of a POS Honda Accord, Rust bucket, That's worth about $1000, only because it's got $900 exhaust system on it.

You just take no Appreciation into the amount of money it costs to make your car sound that shity. LOL.

There is something so enjoyable with drive'n a car w/ headers to a straight through, @ 2 am on a warm summers night. The popping sound of back fire, when tromping on the binders and down shifting, passing through that tunnel (401 east, exiting to 404 north) the noise filling the void and giving the diver feel'n of satisfaction. Like they have left their Mark, but it's nothing of the sort. The only thing left is the enjoyment of hearing, at that second the amazing sounds created. The resonance and echoing, made because the diver got the exact RPM to create that perfect sound. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *pop* WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *pop* WAAAAA

Something like that!

heheheheh
:p-air

Access

TRIBE Member
I used to go out with a girl who was totally into supping up cars. It was cool at first, but then when every cent she made went into her car, it just became stupid.

Here are my reasons why pouring tons of money into a car is not worth it:

1. More likely your car will get stolen
2. More likely you'll get pulled over
3. More likely you'll just end up too driving fast, smashing up your car and you're head.
4. You'll still be sitting in traffic like everyone else. Only difference is you just dumped $20 Grand into your car, and the guy driving a shitbox beside you is goin the same speed you are.

I understand its a hobby like any other, but an expensive one!!

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Access

Yup.. and I drive a 1988 Honda Civic.. 4 door sedan.. lol.. white with rust..
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... *pop* Waaaaaaaaaa

thats the sound my stereo makes when the engine is running.. I think I have a bad ground.

GhEttO_SupErStAr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Access

Here are my reasons why pouring tons of money into a car is not worth it:

1. More likely your car will get stolen
2. More likely you'll get pulled over
3. More likely you'll just end up too driving fast, smashing up your car and you're head.
4. You'll still be sitting in traffic like everyone else. Only difference is you just dumped $20 Grand into your car, and the guy driving a shitbox beside you is goin the same speed you are.

NicEly put! I do appreciate the asthetic value of cars. I myself want a "sick ride" but when you have no flow..which I don't....I am bitter and therefore have the same view point as you....although what you are sayin is completely true......but its soooo fun isn't it......mmmmm I love cars.

;) SAM

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: The PIMPED out cars are back

Originally posted by Mr_Furious

I agree, some people have exhausts that just whine and scream and sound like shit. They obviously don't know anything about tuning them.

Cars are more classy as stealth sleepers

They sound better on a bike ;)

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What was the deal when everybody had colored lights under their cars? What happened to that? It was so happy hardcore.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: The PIMPED out cars are back

Originally posted by orange richie

They sound better on a bike ;)

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...
I was just thinking the exact same thing. My friend just got an R6 with Hindle exhaust and the thing sounds sweet, it screams like a supersport racer. I want an R6 now but I still can't afford the insurance, so I might just get a muzzy exhaust.

sa-weeeet

vinder

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: The PIMPED out cars are back

Originally posted by Mr_Furious

I was just thinking the exact same thing. My friend just got an R6 with Hindle exhaust and the thing sounds sweet, it screams like a supersport racer. I want an R6 now but I still can't afford the insurance, so I might just get a muzzy exhaust.

sa-weeeet
I TOLD YOU TO GET THE R6!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Who/What Exactly Is a Rice-Boy?
Rice-Boy is a stereotype. The typical Rice-Boy can be identified by his car, or rather what he does to it. Generally, Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast (typically a Honda Civic), and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip.

Most Rice-Boy cars (or "Rice Rockets") have the usual complement of stickers proudly displaying features that the car might or might not have, most notably, the Honda VTEC sticker from the later model Preludes, and the plaques from the later model Integras.

Rice-Boys do not exclusively drive Japanese cars. There are quite a few fake Mustang '5.0's and Camaro Z28's out there, as well as quite a few strange looking Neons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the Hood of Rice-Boy's Car
Of course, most of the modifications done by Rice-Boy do not actually increase the performance of his car by any significant amount, but rather, try to give the appearance of high-performance. What most Rice-Boys seem to not know is that many of the things they do to their cars to make them faster actually hurt the performance.

The Generic Rice-Boy Civic
For example -- I have seen many a Civic with aftermarket rims with the wrong wheel offset, or just plain lowered incorrectly. Sure, the car looks nice, except for the tendancy for the wheels to slant inward, preventing the tire's full contact patch from touching the ground, which results in poorer traction, leading to slower acceleration and poor cornering. This of course defeats the purpose of lowering one's car (to acheive better cornering).

Now, a slight amount of negative camber can aid in cornering, however, the slant I am describing can be 4 degrees or even more, which is an excessive amount, far more than could ever be useful on the street, especially on stock-sized wheels.

Another interesting point about lowering cars: it really needs to be done properly. I ran into a Rice-Boy who drives a White Civic EX Coupe (like how many of these are out there??), who, after replacing his aftermarket "performance" lowring-springs with his stock springs again (he was taking his car into the dealer and didn't want them to know he messed with the car), exclaimed, "Hey you know, my car handles BETTER with the stock springs!". I'm not surprised. I'm sure some Honda engineer spent days working on those springs... why mess with them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance vs. Performance
What sets apart Rice-Boys from normal performance enthusiasts is that they are more concerned with the image of speed than they are about actual performace. Few Rice Rockets add the one option that can make a Civic begin to go fast -- a turbochager.

Take for example, the above pictured Civic. It looks pretty mean and fast with its rims and super-spoiler (another staple of Rice-Boy technology), but closer inspection will reveal that this is a Civic DX. The mirrors and liscence plate frames are FLAT BLACK, whereas LX and EX models are painted and would be shiny. A noble attempt at fooling people (as black plastic would stand out more on a red or white car as opposed to a black car), but the outside appearance doesn't change what is under the hood -- a Civic DX economy car engine.

It's not so much that Rice-Boy is trying to make his car look good. There are lots of people out there who just want to make their car look good, and don't care about speed at all. Rice-Boy, however, says that he is making his modifications to enhance his car's performance, when really, all he cares about is fitting some sort of image. For example, he may lower his car, saying that it is for a lower center of gravity, and thus, better handling, but if he doesn't do a good job of it (i.e., his car is bouncing around from his shocks being able to handle the higher spring rates... or he cuts his springs making his car uneven) then we know that really, he cares more about looking low then he does about better cornering.

bucky

TRIBE Member
i miss my pimped out grocery getter....

...lol... and for some reason proud to say i owned that, probably because it was my first car ever owned. :p