• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Palestine / Israel nightmare rages on, even on facebook

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I should know better than to post this excellent vimeo vid

[VV]50531435[/VV]

on a Jewish fb friend's thread where he was raging his one-sided Zionist views on the middle east conflict LOL. His post on how the Amazing New Iron Dome Will Save The Universe (from arabs!) sounded a little propagandist to me so that is why I posted it.

That cartoon was all I posted, the video link, no comments, nothing else. I should know better.

I was told it was a no win situation (for me!), and I was promptly raged at for "posting propaganda", how I couldn't win, and told how Israeli military technology could save my life one day.

PLUR DUDE

I learned my lesson. I will ignore said fb friend and his raging and leave the entire region to their self-immolation.

Stop Bill C-10

acheron

TRIBE Member
I had a terrifically weird conversation with a towtruck driver the other night. He was explaining how the muslims are waiting for the Antichrist to come and do battle with Jesus and it's all going to happen in the next decade. Front row seats at the apocalypse, brother!

Primavera

TRIBE Member
I am so so so soooooo fucking tired of the ISRAEL VS PALESTINE / PALESTINE VS ISRAEL debate and bickering and political manifestoisms on Facebook and everywhere.

Just don't even fucking care anymore.

I've been engaging in, reading about, observing this entire debate since high school. I'm 31 and I still remember angry yelling arguments about Israel vs Palestine dating back to Grade 10, of course it raged on when I took poli-sci at U of T.

I'm just almost desensitized to it by now.

The worst is on Facebook: people post a link to an article one way or the other the comments section is full of Jews with very Jewey names defending Israel's position. Then you get the white "progressives" posting links about how the US is propping up Israel and Palestine has the more just legal position over all of this. Then you get the people with their "zionists rabble rabble" nonsense. Then you get the hardcore Muslims who are all about "allah akbar, allah will laugh last, the jews will perish" blah fucking blah.

1. The Jews are always going to vigerously defend Israel's right to exist until the end of time. And their tactics, as unsavoury as they may seem are sort of justified. They are a first world country with first world technology and arms operating in a third world region. No fucking shit they are able to A: block rockets with "the iron dome" and B: blow the fuck out of anywhere they want nearby. Hamas has to be completely out of their fucking minds to think starting or continuing a war with Israel out of revenge wasn't going to result in absolute truckloads of dead people and blown up limbs.

2. Allah and Islam isn't real, it's a work of fiction. It's bullshit. Just like Christianity is bullshit and so is Judaism. It's 2014 and all those three religions serve no functional purpose at all. They are make believe stories that were used to make stupid and weak people feel better about our meaningless time on this planet. Grow the fuck up, none of it matters. Envoking "Allah" as a reason to do anything or invoking him as a reason why your family won't be blown up after your neighbours shoot rockets into youir heavily-armed neighbours country....is utterly fucking pointless. Allah won't save you anymore than the fucking Easter Bunny will come to me in the middle off the night and blow me.

Last edited:

acheron

TRIBE Member
True enough, the knowledge that this is all about a difference of opinion over mythology makes the whole thing absurd.

Obviously there is a non-religious aspect to it ("prime" real estate, an oasis in the midst of a sea of sand), but otherwise, I mean really. What does the land offer? Nothing grows there but olives and onions. If you subtract the religious part there is literally nothing that redeems any part of this. At least the US has the good sense to wrangle over land that has oil beneath it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
When they invent force field technology to replace The Iron Dome, all their problems will be truly over LOL.

I have a good mind to go back and troll his facebook thread, but I won't. I promise ;)

praktik

TRIBE Member
LOL... yes his facebook page has been interesting lately... :)

Guy posts shit right from Daniel Pipes and acts like he's just laid down the final word...

praktik

TRIBE Member
I learned my lesson. I will ignore said fb friend and his raging and leave the entire region to their self-immolation.

Pretty sure we're talking same guy, dropped this one on him a few months ago and didn't bother doing anything this time with his latest ranting, but of course not one bit of it registered:

The American Jewish Cocoon by Peter Beinart | The New York Review of Books

This lack of familiarity with Palestinian life also inclines many in the organized American Jewish world to assume that Palestinian anger toward Israel must be a product solely of Palestinian pathology. Rare is the American Jewish discussion of Israel that does not include some reference to the textbooks and television programs that “teach Palestinians to hate.” These charges have some merit. Palestinian schools and media do traffic in anti-Semitism and promote violence. Still, what’s often glaringly absent from the American Jewish discussion of Palestinian hatred is any recognition that some of it might stem not from what Palestinians read or hear about the Jewish state, but from the way they interact with it in their daily lives.

Palestinian anger does not justify Palestinian violence. It certainly does not justify the grotesque attacks on Israeli civilians committed by Hamas and other terrorist groups. But as Israel’s own top security officials have noted, stopping Palestinian terrorism requires understanding it. And attributing it entirely to textbooks and television programs, as American Jewish groups often do, doesn’t accomplish that.

A database of Palestinian suicide bombers, compiled by former Radford University economist Basel Saleh, found that “personal grievances [against Israel] have a considerable weight in motivating attacks.” In 2003, in these pages, Avishai Margalit, a leading Israeli philosopher, made a similar point, noting that “the main motivating force for the suicide bombers seems to be the desire for spectacular revenge.”1 Eyad El Sarraj, founder of the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme, in 2002 pointed out that “the people who are committing the suicide bombings are the children of the first intifada—people who witnessed so much trauma as children.”​

kyfe

TRIBE Member
LOL... yes his facebook page has been interesting lately... :)

Guy posts shit right from Daniel Pipes and acts like he's just laid down the final word...

I had so many almost posts reading his thread the other day. It was so biased I wanted to punch myself in the face for wasting time reading that nonsense. Someone tell me how one side dishes propaganda but the other side is honest and forthcoming with everything they post.:rolleyes: Some people need a reality check, both sides are spewing propaganda like there is no tomorrow, just because you post a link you can relate to doesn't make it logic based nor for that matter factual.

If you want a real unfiltered opinion go seek out an individual reliable third party that has no vested interest in the conflict. There is no right or wrong in this conflict, it just needs to end it already and move on.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
At least the US has the good sense to wrangle over land that has oil beneath it.

Ah, but the US is wrangling over this. In fact if it weren't for the US, there would be no story -- Israel would be run over and crushed by the people it displaced.

The only reason the US sends so much money to Israel is because the bible believing Americans have really bought into this idea of Zion for Jewery if only because it says so in their bible.

It is perhaps the most plainly visible example of bat-shit crazy superstition fuelling major human suffering on the planet today. Perhaps it is just so simple and crazy that most people just assume (hope?) that there must be more to it.

But there isn't.

Just stop the religion-based funding of Israel and this whole problem will disappear.

-jM
A&D

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
fucking brutal story about the 4 children on that beach.
a short cease fire has been agreed upon, for humanitarian needs.

Liability

TRIBE Member
If anyone wants a really good non-biased book that delves into the history of this situation, read the lemon tree. It is based on two displaced families and the lemon tree in their yard that they both enjoy at different times throughout occupying the property. It is hard to describe, but heavy on facts and very objective.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
You're all acting like this shit started yesterday. Fucking sucks to live in the middle east.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
I wish I could create an Iron Dome on the Internet to prevent all Justin Beiber/Ford Brothers/ Miley Cyrus/Kardashian stories from showing up on any website.

In addition to a physical iron dome to trap these individuals away.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"Boys bombed after sneaking out to play on Gaza beach latest casualties in Israel, Hamas battle....
The four Bakr boys were young cousins, the children of Gaza fishermen who had ordered them to stay indoors - and especially away from the beach."

-National Post

WTF National Post for making it sound like the children were responsible for their own deaths in this horrific Isreali war crime.

BsvmjzgIEAAy_Wn.jpg:large