• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Oscars 2006

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
So who's watching? Early predicitons? General animosity toward specific stars?

I'm going to open a bottle of wine and pretend I'm important enough to be there.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
i'm hosting my first oscar party. just finished making the gift bags and chocolate covered strawberries

:D

Jennika

TRIBE Member
anyone have tips on what I should pick in my oscar pool for:

best short film- animated
best short film- live
makeup
animated feature
documentary short
edidting

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Jennika said:
anyone have tips on what I should pick in my oscar pool for:

best short film- animated
best short film- live
makeup
animated feature
documentary short
edidting
Not sure about all but my guesses are

makeup - Star Wars
animated feature - Were-Rabbit
editing - Constant Gardener

Now I've only seen Star Wars of those three, but I'm just guessing based on the kind of stuff the academy usually awards.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I couldn't stand her either but I think she did a phenominal job in walk the line. if she wins it's well earned.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
I'M REALLY ROOTING for walk the line...i knowl brokeback mountain is so big and everyone is rooting for that..but i was so moved by walk the line and the preformances were unfuckingbelievable. If Reese wins i'll be happy :) Big oscar party tonight....usual tradition of Rootbeer floats. Gonna be great.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jennika

TRIBE Member
this best actor race, even though P.S. Hoffman has it essentially wrapped up, is full of so many strong performances.

I mean Jaquin was AMAZING in walk the line, PSH was AMAZING in capote and Heath was AMAZING in BBM. Terrance Howard was average imho in Hustle and Flow and I haven't seen good night and good luck so I have no opinion on that. Ralph Fines should have been nominated for the constant gardener instead of Terrance Howard.

but with those top three it reminds me of the year when it was sean penn, bill murray and Johnny depp all nominated... I'd be happy to see any of them win

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
totally agree with Howard being there...great all around performance that shows he has the range to take on tough roles and that was def. a tough role

ginsu

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
makeup - Star Wars
animated feature - Were-Rabbit
editing - Constant Gardener
Agree with WereRabbit, but I think Crash will take editing and makeup might be Narnia... but SW does have a shot.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
grabbed a copy of walk the line to watch pre-oscars, as I've seen only one other Oscar related movie unfortunately (Crash), so it'd be good to have a better idea of the performances, etc...

Can't wait to see how Three Six Mafia approach the "It's hard out here for a Pimp" performance...

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Best actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman followed by David Strathairn then Jaquoin Phoenix then Heath Ledger.

Best Actress - Felicity Huffman

Tins

TRIBE Member
I am having an Oscar party tonight too... just finished getting all of the antipasti food... yummm.

I think it's unfortunate that the movie Crash is up against Brokeback Mountain. Since Brokeback will most likely win, but Crash was an excellent movie.

D-Rea

TRIBE Member
i am bummed that i have to work instead of being able to watch the awards. i am really more interested in seeing john stewart then anything else.

i guess there wouldn't be a live feed off the internet anywhere, huh?

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I have a Date! and we're going to watch Oscars at Bloor Cinema! BOO-RAH!
ps. George is going to win everything. I love you Gorgeous.