• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Orb

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The entire night screamed old school rave nostalgia.
Grimace did a wicked job opening, spinning a great old school rave set. Watching him interact with the Orb boys come set change made me feel all warm and fuzzy as it was clear he was not only super stoked to open up for them, but to get a pic and hugs.
The Orb started out very ambient, seriously trippy stuff, but then opened the flood gates to some deep and groovy songs.
Highlight for me has to be Little Fluffy Clouds.
sound was okay...wish they brought some Funktion One speakers with them. ;)

i ran into the Orb guys out front as they exited a taxi and said hello to them and wished them a great set. even called Alex ' Sir '.

now all we need is Orbital to come.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
wish i could have hit this, screw you flu!

i would love to see a fest that has orb, orbital, chemical brothers, crystal method, infusion and the prodigy
instead of aoki, guetta and whatever the other cheese of the moment is

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Crystal Method has a new album coming so a Toronto date should be a given.

forgot...Grimace pulled out the Orbital light glasses when he played their song.
wicked.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
Also entertaining was the little moustached guy, front and centre, the whole show. Such a great little spirit.
lol , with the England Jersey ! he was revved up , great spirit !

I had a hoot - excellent show from front to back ! Had a great spot by lower left side bar - my smirnoff close at hand !

Great times ! Grimace opened and warmed it up very well , The orb was tight and they were having fun !

two thumbs way up !

Last edited:

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
lol - the guy in gorilla suit had to be sweating his nuts off - and there was a Spock also - looked good ! good times

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
thanks for the review.
i did not go. i wanted to hear blue room really fucking loud.
i instead had wicked fight with the girl and danced my ass off to vintage african tribal funk. not so bad i guess at some hipster jam.
happy haloween everyone.