• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The one that got away?

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Does everyone have that "one that got away" in there life?

I still talk to mine almost every day. We were attached at the hip during our time together. All be it we were young (highschool) we both felt like the other was the one and we were made to be with each other. It was a long distance relationship from Toronto to Cleveland. Because we were so young and our lives were still developing we had to go our own ways for sdchool and life. But I still look back and wonder what if.

We've had talks about the what if and the things that we regretted. She regrets that we never slept together. I'm actually proud of that. I think that we waited so long (too long in fact) was a big part of why we knew each other so well. It was blurred by sex.

Now she is getting married and I'm planning on flying in to surprise her at her wedding next summer. Obviously we have both loved other people since and know she has found someone to spend her life with. I thought I had but it didn't work out. I know that there will be another some day.

When there is one, can there be another that got away?

jeremy -reminiscing- jive

Adam

TRIBE Member

Original Boba Fett, still in the package. I could have been rich I tell you.

I've got nothing in terms of the romantic loss, but I miss Boba like Juliet missed Romeo.

starr

TRIBE Member
"surprise" or stop jeremy :)

i was dating this guy during my first year of university - and we were quire serious from the start

in the end, i couldn't handle the pressure of the commitment - i was only 18 ar the time

so we went our separate ways and then he started dating someone that i thought he would eventually marry....he thought so too, but they broke up after 3 years and he is now available again

however, i am in another relationship now. and even if i wasn't i'm still not ready to settle down just yet.

we will always be friends, but i don't know if we'll ever be together. so, he could definitely be the one that got away.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
There's just one that got away from me, and I didn't quite realize it for the longest time, till it was too late, but what can you do :(

It's cool of you to be supportive of what she is doing with herself though. Respect :D

Zigg'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Nesta

TRIBE Member
yup. this girl named mara. she was smart, sexy, fun, and all those good things. i was too concerned with partying at the time... and now she has a man. :(

marcinm

TRIBE Member
*sniff*

is going to your "one that got away's" wedding such a good idea... unless you're planning on standing up when the priest does his whole "... so speak now or forever hold your peace" and yelling "insert name here" I love you!.. then forget it, you'll probably get really bitter, get drunk at the reception, punch the best man on your way out (who's physically smaller than you... but it would be even less cool to fight the groom lol), and go home really pissed off for a month...

that's what happened to me and my "one that got away".. well, ok, i didn't stand up in church.. but did the rest... :(

Marcin M :)

but now i'm over it, and realize i was a real jerk, and have apolgized to all parties injured... (plus, the best man was actually an asshole, and was just in the wrong place/wrong time)....

so stay home and catch up on your playstation.. that's my advice!

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I had one.

but I fucked it up.

although it was a long, long time ago......

I wish things didn't work out the way they did.

live and learn.

vench

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Don't have one that got away. Thought I did, but the one I have now is much better.

See, this is a good way for anyone to see things.
If you're torn because of someone, make sure you never close your doors. Someone may be just around the corner who would want you in their lives ;)

Zigg'

starr

TRIBE Member
It's not so much that I'm 'torn', but that the other person will always have a special place in my heart.

I think sometimes when you are with someone in your years of discovering who you are, the relationship is more intense and you can never quite shake it.

We've both moved on, but there's this feeling that maybe if we were both single at 70 we could always just shack up together...know what I mean?

kmac

TRIBE Member
In my mind, if they got away it wasn't meant to be and probably wouldn't have worked anyway. But I'm a heartless bitch.

I wouldn't ever consider my first boyfriend one who got away, but he's married now and I'm very happy that he found what he was looking for.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
In my mind, if they got away it wasn't meant to be and probably wouldn't have worked anyway. But I'm a heartless bitch.

I agree. I don't subscribe to the train of thought that there's only one person out there for you. That's bullshit. There's a harem out there for everyone.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I used to think that the one got away.

But I don't feel that way anymore.

I suppose that is because I got over it.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
I agree. I don't subscribe to the train of thought that there's only one person out there for you. That's bullshit. There's a harem out there for everyone.
hahaha...I agree. As much as I am in love and see myself with my BF until forever & ever, I still know that IF things didn't work out, I'd find happiness still. I don't want that to happen, but shit does happen. I'm sure I wouldn't be cornered into living a miserable life or with a house of cats.

<--not really all that romantic

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
It's not so much that I'm 'torn', but that the other person will always have a special place in my heart.

I know exactly what your saying. I'm in that boat right now where I know if the opportunity came about.....she would be the missing piece in the puzzle.

And I truly believe this will become the case in due time.

Zigg'