• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

The Older Skater Generation

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
you see it.
the cool older boys with their skateboards, longish hair flowing in the wind, sun beaming down on those hot t-shirts you wear with your beautiful coy smiles... thick rimmed glasses and boyish eyes...

ladies, skater boyfriend.
good or not good?

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
there was this guy in my high school who i used to bug about skateboarding all the time. he was a good guy but i just didn't understand how you could want to spend a friday night downtown with a bunch of other guys getting harassed by rent-a-cops. it turns out that now he's a professional skater and is incredibly buff meanwhile i'm still a fat guy who self-medicates to soothe his inner pain and loneliness.

T

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
there was this guy in my high school who i used to bug about skateboarding all the time. he was a good guy but i just didn't understand how you could want to spend a friday night downtown with a bunch of other guys getting harassed by rent-a-cops. it turns out that now he's a professional skater and is incredibly buff meanwhile i'm still a fat guy who self-medicates to soothe his inner pain and loneliness.

HA HA !

d.code

TRIBE Member
People who are too into any type of thing suck! ESPECIALLY when it is extreme sports. A lot of my lady friends complian that their 'skater' boyfriends dont spend enough time with them and are always too busy with 'the guys' to get some pussy.

so my generalization today is even if woman handling was an extreme sport (which it is) they would still suck at it.

Whats wrong with grinding pussy instead of half pipes?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

rhyss

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
you see it.
the cool older boys with their skateboards, longish hair flowing in the wind, sun beaming down on those hot t-shirts you wear with your beautiful coy smiles... thick rimmed glasses and boyish eyes...

good or not good?
When I was 18 - good
19+ - what is more fun = going to the bar? hanging out at the best skating spot? BAR!!

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
I skated from 11 to 21 years of age and thought I'd skate my entire life. I'd mess around on a skateboard from time to time, but never really got back into it. I wasn't down with the new-school. Anyways I went out and bought a new complete deck a few weeks ago, just for tranportation, and I'm glad I did....It's sooo damn fun. (And tiring!) lol

I also recently had a conversation with this guy I grew up skating with, and he pointed out how young we (along with the rest of our old skate buds) looked. It's totally true, we all look younger than we are. He attributed it to skateboarding all those years. It's a serious good work out!

Anyways....yeah i'm off topic. But I say date skater boys! ;)

technowelt

TRIBE Member
SmoothOperator said:
I also recently had a conversation with this guy I grew up skating with, and he pointed out how young we (along with the rest of our old skate buds) looked. It's totally true, we all look younger than we are. He attributed it to skateboarding all those years. It's a serious good work out!
I attribute it to still dressing like a teenager

kat

TRIBE Member
i am still in love with my skater boyfriend from when i was 16.

..oh..if only someone could tame him.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
ahhh skater boys...
i guess you're right about it... maybe searching for a boyfriend isn't a good idea anyway...
i should just stay single and enjoy my time on this earth alone while i shrivel up into an old woman who's previous lovers never wanted to take it to the next step.

ain't love grand.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
SmoothOperator said:
I skated from 11 to 21 years of age and thought I'd skate my entire life. I'd mess around on a skateboard from time to time, but never really got back into it. I wasn't down with the new-school. Anyways I went out and bought a new complete deck a few weeks ago, just for tranportation, and I'm glad I did....It's sooo damn fun. (And tiring!) lol

Anyways....yeah i'm off topic. But I say date skater boys! ;)
are you single skater boy?????

zorak

TRIBE Member
the biggest crush of my highschool career was an amazing skater, several years older than i. sure he was like 20 and still in grade 12, and had done over 100 hits of acid (he was a legend)....but man oh man could this boy skate. the best part is that he was a strong silent type -- totally humble, but could pwn the pants off any other punk in town. i still have a picture of him from "photography class"....it is called "vinny in a garden" lol. who knows where vinny is now

diablo

TRIBE Member
I received a skateboard when I was eight years old, and used it all of three times. It's still in the garage.

I'm loving the snowboard, though.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I skate everywhere I go!

When sober im pretty agile and nimble on my board.

When im intoxiskating busses just seem to jump out of nowhere. :(

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
zorak said:
and had done over 100 hits of acid (he was a legend)....

I didn't know I kept the company of so many legends when I was in high school. I myself am a legend then, quite exciting. I just thought I had damaged some brain cells.

Boo

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
you see it.

good or not good?
If you want a boyfriend that still lives with his parents and loitering at the mall is cool, then go for it.

Skater guys are 64% more likely to not have a car/license, and 300% more likely to live at home.

I just made those statistics up, but they do sound convincing.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
back when I was a teenager....(N.B. A long time ago), skating wasn't as mainstream extreme. I mean, shit, even toothpaste is extreme these days.

Almost all of the skate crew i rolled with at ole PHS moved to Whistler shortly after graduation and haven't looked back. Most of 'em are still enjoying the sport, living life, buying houses- and building skate ramps in their backyards.

but i suppose my reply has absolutely nothing to do with the 'boyfriend' question. Meh. It's a rather stupid question anyway.

p.s. bring back skull pants

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
If you want a boyfriend that still lives with his parents and loitering at the mall is cool, then go for it.

Skater guys are 64% more likely to not have a car/license, and 300% more likely to live at home.

I just made those statistics up, but they do sound convincing.
what other statistics can you make up?
this seems like a more interesting subject...