• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The old E!SPACE revisited

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
at a Halloween party there once 97/98 not sure, I did ten hits of acid and went completely insane and walked home (at the time I lived at Queen and Woodbine) Ha, those were interesting times

o0OemwaO0o

TRIBE Member
holEE shitballs

this was near the beginning of my rave dayz

i still remember walking through that hallway upon entering the space, with all the flourescent paint and tags etc on the walls.

the bathroom, the intimite space, that truly underground feel... and the music oh baby the music....

thanx for thE mEmoriEs!

ps.

Ryan7 - The Grey Area was a great mixtape

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
oh man ryan 7.. great guy... one of the few dJ's Ive ever seen who would drop a meastro fresh wes track, head out onto the dance floor where he would start doing head spins and break dancing hardcore and back before the mix / track was done. :cool:

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
hold fuck the memories those pics and video brought back! :)

wish I had a time machine so I could go back and relive a few nights from the mid nineties.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

passdabong

TRIBE Member
I remember many crazy nights partying in the kitchen area. I remember taking a bus trip to Montreal to see the Chemical Brothers with people i met partying at 28 gunns rd.

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Ooooooh, I'm downloading those movies right now :D

I used to go there all the time and I went to the first Hullabaloo there. Still the best party I've EVER been to!

Oh how I loved that place. I met Marty for the first time there too!

I can't believe how long it's been.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by passdabong
I remember taking a bus trip to Montreal to see the Chemical
hehehe their first canadian appearance at Metropolis? Dude that was a CRAZY night. Got lots of pics from that. Few of us flew out there for it.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Sadly I never got to party at the E!Space, could never get any of my friends to make the trek. The 97/98 NYE event was one of my first parties and I would love to see any pics or video from that night! Any location info on that night would be great too.

post-10-1080702818.jpg

post-10-1080702890.jpg

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
post-10-1080702818.jpg

This is the party where the power was shut down by the landlord.. on cherry or polson St.

The best party of my life.
The Best Vibe ever.

oh.. and the E was pretty good too!

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
I was going mental on shrooms for the first time and it seemed like the power was off for 5 minutes although I have been told it was much longer!

X-KARLOS

TRIBE Member
such good memories of this place

E! Network people were first down by King/Dufferin area i believe...i went to their first party there...then they moved up to Gunns road...

great memories...i remember seeing that acid jazz group with the Mac notebook...in the chill room in the back this one night...also all those old couches in the back that everyone wouldn't be scared to sit on haha...

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by jungleboy
Sadly I never got to party at the E!Space, could never get any of my friends to make the trek. The 97/98 NYE event was one of my first parties and I would love to see any pics or video from that night! Any location info on that night would be great too.

post-10-1080702818.jpg

post-10-1080702890.jpg

Pretty sure that was down by the docks.. a lof kinf of space.

I had some guy pull a knife on me at that party in washroom. he wanted drugs and money. Held that thing right up to my stomach... just a little push was all it would have taken. Needless to say it leave a sour taste in my mouth when thinking about that night. But at least the only thing he got was kicked out!

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
the washrooms WERE terifying..

it was in the back hallway, and one of my wierdest memories is some girl with a tin foil bowl and a lighter asking me if I wanted to smoke some "Bitch"

I was like.. what is "bitch"?? she said Jib.

I was like huh?

at that point SOS came on, and I went to dance instead.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayBrain
the washrooms WERE terifying..

it was in the back hallway, and one of my wierdest memories is some girl with a tin foil bowl and a lighter asking me if I wanted to smoke some "Bitch"

I was like.. what is "bitch"?? she said Jib.

I was like huh?

at that point SOS came on, and I went to dance instead.

lol I can only imagine how many sketchy experiences like this my mind has blocked out. There are a lot of holes in my memory of the mid 90's. Love hearing about peoples experiences though, sorta takes me back.:D

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
E! Network people were first down by King/Dufferin area i believe...i went to their first party there...then they moved up to Gunns road...

I remember that party vividly. I was sooooo impressed with the space and decor (remember the pick up truck that was jutting into the middle of the room?) and the overall attitude of these Thunder Bay imports who were actuially giving out free candy and water, if I remember correctly...
And that's where I first met Jelo!
I was also quite flattered when the E! folks told me that they patterned the look of their parties on the old Nitrous events.

Mem'ries....

why not

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basilisk
"Kinetix" was held there too... interesting event... garbage bags taped to every surface, all lights extinguished... just one red light by the decks, murat + techno in the dark. Lots of bumping into people and chilling in the tiny lit side room :)

my lovely girlfriend (now on the board as Queen Naeema) threw this party.

she was proud that someone mentioned it.

wish i had been cool enough to go to it.

basilisk

TRIBE Member
Yeah? I guess it's no surprise she got on here... heh - she took me to one of my very first parties... then disappeared, I think. The night was a weird blur and this was before drugs.

bettEC

TRIBE Member
I wonder how many of you I've met ;)

It's a blur; but the memories are good.

Maxine, we MUST have met at E!

Going to try to dig up the 'morning' pics I have kicking around... also dancing in the parking lot...

:D

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basilisk
Yeah? I guess it's no surprise she got on here... heh - she took me to one of my very first parties... then disappeared, I think. The night was a weird blur and this was before drugs.

hi scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, i have corrupted many (;