• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Official STICK IT thread

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
Opens Friday!!

missyperegrym.jpg

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
The best damn screenplay writer in existence said:
After a run-in with the law, Haley Graham (Peregrym) is forced to return to the world from which she fled some years ago. Enrolled in an elite gymnastics program run by the legendary Burt Vickerman (Bridges), Haley's rebellious attitude gives way to something that just might be called team spirit

i need to change my slacks

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I have one extra pass for the advance screening taking place this coming Thursday, April 27 @ the Yonge/Eg Silvercity. The pass is good for two people, and showtime is @ 7pm (I suggest you get there around 6:30 to get a good seat).

First person who can tell me what a 'Foxymoron' is, by PM, gets the pass...;)

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i am SO pumped for this movie, i have been telling everyone about it.
its not called GYMNICESTICS!
i will be in nyc for opening day, maybe i will go see it on the upper east side with a bunch of rich jewish teenagers.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I prefer "cram it" to "stick it". But that's just me.
stick it means successfully nailing a landing, not insulting someone. jeeeez! get with it! :p

i so cannot wait for this movie.

and Flashy what are you talking about sugar and spice is better than bring it on? you're delusional.

TemperMINT

TRIBE Member
What's this movie about anyway?? I hear lots of commercials for it on the radio, and I still have no clue.. something to do with gymnastics? I don't get why a movie about gymnastics would be so popular :confused:

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I dunno...S&S seemed a bit edgier to me, and funnier in more of a surreal way.

definitely. way darker humour. and teen movies are always better when they're dark. i love sugar and spice.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
SYNOPSIS that even include the moral of the movie below:

The writer of the hit comedy “Bring It On,” takes on the world of competitive gymnastics in STICK IT. Haley Graham (MISSY PEREGRYM) is a rebellious 17 year-old who is forced to return to the regimented world of gymnastics after a run-in with the law. A judge sentences Haley to her ultimate nightmare -- attending an elite gymnastics academy run by legendary hardnosed coach Burt Vickerman (JEFF BRIDGES). Haley’s rebellious spirit and quick-witted banter quickly shakes things up at the strict school – making both close friends and bitter foes along the way. Haley surprises herself as she discovers an unexpected ally in the form of her new coach, and learns respect is a two-way street. Haley, Vickerman, and a group of his elite athletes band together to confront a major championship and prove that loyalty, friendships and individual athletes matter more than rules, judges or scores.