1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the official 05-06 TRIBE NBA thread...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dvs, Oct 11, 2005.

1. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

just thought i'd kick things off as my own nba fantasy league/draft starts tonight...

some interesting trades and recent news should make things interesting this year.

d

p.s. raptors suck.

2. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Amare out til February. Yikes for Phoenix.

*c*

3. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

that just blows for basketball period, that one muthafukin exciting player.......

any votes for rookie of the year????? there sooo many good ones this may take a while

Ginobill rules raps r the raps

TV is good again:D

4. smack

smack TRIBE Member

I predict Cleveland will be a real contender this year. Top 5 in the East

5. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

lol... top 5 in the east.

now THERE'S a prediction. ;)

ps. I predict that Miami will make the playoffs.

6. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

jersey is looking pretty damn good too.

amare being out is a real bummer. hopefully he's not out for the full 4 months as projected

d

7. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

lol

8. ginsu

ginsu TRIBE Member

Yeah just got back from my draft. First time I've done auction style. So 10 guys each with 150$...

F Marion
    C Ming
    G J Rich
    G Ben Gordon
    F Anthony
    F Korver
    G Ridnour
    Util Gooden
    B Bogut
    B A. Harrington

Am a little worried about Turnovers, but not so bad considering I haven't really kept up with league since last yr.

Players would go for so much at the start (Marion cost me 70$!) but soon dwindled (next pick - J Rich at 12$!). Got Bogut for a dollar as well as Ridnour. May need another guard....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  9. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

^^ niiice. got marion as my first pick as well. expecting big things out of him this year.

on a side note... that charlie villnueva kid the raptors picked up looked pretty good tonight. 24 pts? not too shabby

d

10. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

my picks...

1. shawn marion (phoenix) sf
    2. Andrei Kirilenko (Utah) f
    3. Gilbert Arenas (Was) pg
    4. Vince Carter (i hate him but had to pick him up. lol) (NJ) sg
    5. Marcus Camby (Den) c
    6. Rasheed Wallace (Det) pf
    7. Kenyon Martin (Den) pf ...let's hope he stays healthy
    util...
    Kirk Hinrich (Chi) pg
    Tony Parker (SA) pg
    Ricky Davis (Bos) sg

d

11. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

my bad. villanueva got 15 pts. brown had 24pts. still a pretty good effort from the rooks. now if they could just grab some rebounds.

d

12. smack

smack TRIBE Member

shut up!!!! :p

13. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

yeah villa look ok i guess but we definatly needs to hit those boards i thought all these young guys were supposed to fix this problem, hopefully that changes..............

as for Marion I expect the same stats as last year no different, i just don't see him taking that next step up......again I could be wrong cause with the removal of Johnson & Richardson he may get the ball A LOT more but I'm not 100% sure who they filled those spots with.......... anyone mind filling me in if they know??

damn i need to brush up on basketball info now that it's so close:D :D

too mush hockey in the brain

14. ginsu

ginsu TRIBE Member

Dude - how did you get Marion, AK, Arenas and Carter!?! how many people in your pool? Straight up draft style?

Nice on Hinrich - tried to get him but was outbid.

15. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

small league... just me and 9 other guys. picked numbers for oder and then drafted one each from 1 to 10 then in reverse until everyone had their 7 postion players and 3 utility/bench players. managed to snag a great lineup... did my homework! ;)

somebody actually gambled on amare and picked him up as a utitly hoping he'd get back quicker but i think that's a loooong shot on his part.

looking forward to a great season ahead. some really interesting trades all-round the league.

d

16. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Dress code for NBA players announced

Sports Network

10/18/2005 1:36:02 PM

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The NBA announced a new player dress code for the 2005-06 season, which will do away with hats, chains and headphones.

Players have been mandated to dress in business casual attire whenever they are involved in team or league business. It includes wearing dress shirts, slacks or dress jeans and the appropriate shoes and socks. Sleeveless shirts, shorts, retro jerseys and work boots are now forbidden.

In addition, players who attend a game but are not in uniform must also wear a sport coat.

No headgear of any kind is permitted while a player is on the bench or in the stands, during interviews or at any league appearance. Wearing sunglasses indoors is now against league policy, as is listening to headphones unless a player is on the way to the game or in the locker room.

The fines for dress code infractions have not been released

17. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

18. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

we didn't renew our seasons this yr but we may pick up a mini pak

i'm not looking fwd to seeing the raps but am looking fwd to watching the rest of the league

i predict NJ will also be in the playoffs :p

19. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Haha funny read by Bill Simmons:

20. Tony Bandana

Tony Bandana TRIBE Promoter

my favourite 3 players.

Peja Stojakovic
    Amare Stoudamire
    Ron Artest :)

:D

21. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

Dallas looks good, just some them come back from a big deficit against a strong, motivated Denver team, Camby couldn't do anything with Nowitzki...saw them come back againt Dallas on opening night too, this is a nice squad, they've tightened up defensively, Darrell Armstrong is always a good guy to have on your team and the dampier/diop combo in the middle is strong.

I've been sleeping on Nowitzki man, decided he's better than Garnett

FCKN LOVE Raptors TV!

22. smack

smack TRIBE Member

23. The Shiking

The Shiking TRIBE Member

Houston vs San Antonio tonight should be a heater... same with Minne and the Wiz.

24. Jagermathers

Jagermathers TRIBE Member

Stromile Swift better start gettin some burn, Juwan is a chump who is a pine time player.....babeee.

SS had big numbers in their last game, i wanna see more of that action tonight.