• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Nintendo DS!!!

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
two questions.

in Professor Layton, I am out of hint coins and can't solve a puzzle. what do i do now?

the second question is i've never got the wi-fi to work on the DS ever. now i have a bell modem which doubles up as a router, and the encyption key is pretty long. i dont think DS has a chance with this one.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Some routers simply don't work with the DS. One of mine I only got to work by limiting it to 11kbps. Look up the faqs and tutorials on the net how to run yours, but I assume advanced or proprietary encryption options don't work well with the DS. Typically I just use a combo of basic wep and mac filtering for all my routers which the DS handles fine, and keep compatibility open. Not likely that anyone will bypass those methods to get to my signal, so it's fine. Consider jacking down your wireless security.

Also my R4DS is still working strong on latest roms. Seems that gap a while back with titles is a non-issue again.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
GameFAQS? lol
yes i once heard that google is my friend but i also like to talk to people too sometimes :D

anyways i better get hustlin' cause i think the sequel is coming out by the end of summer

thanks otis, i'm going to continue to not use the wi-fi it seems. this bell thing looks super anal, but at least i can sleep at night knowing that i'm not a rogers client(except for my shitty fido!)

silver1

TRIBE Member
Also my R4DS is still working strong on latest roms. Seems that gap a while back with titles is a non-issue again.
Hooray.

I've been playing around trying to get something like dslazy working to edit the codes within the ROMS etc. but I haven't been able to get it working.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Doesn't it come out on the 15th? Rom sites usually get it the day before or so. The earliest I've seen was Brain Age 2, which dropped on the rom sites about 3 days before the street date.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Man I can't find my charger, so I have to wait till I get to my office to see if it's there.:mad:

I really wanted to play this game!!!

silver1

TRIBE Member
It is sweet. I've spent tons of time just at the title screen playing with different stuff I can try to think up.

One neat little bit I played with. After typing in "Dog" and having a generic mutt show up I thought, "how about a poodle"? Yup. Pug? Yup. Doberman? you betcha.....

silver1

TRIBE Member
Also, I'm having a hard time splitting my time between Scribblenauts and the new Professor Layton game.

Two great games, hard time choosing which one to play when I pick up my DS.

Matt Carl

TRIBE Member
just got an R4 for a coworkers kid, trying to get it going but this is defo not as user friendly as the TT

got the v1.18 kernel, put it in the root directory (aka directly on the card) but i still get the little ?Menu icon thingy...

this it what their shite english website says....

1) Hardware Installation

Connect the TF card to PC with the card reader, then, go to the "/SYSTEM" directory on the disk.
A- Loading the game kernel: Copy the "_DS_MENU.DAT" at the directory of the simplified game kernel/ traditional game kernel to the root directory of TF card.

^^uh...what?

clearly i am missing something here..........

Matt Carl

TRIBE Member
anyone know of any working SNES or genesis emulators for DS?
been poking around the net trying to find some, but nothing that works has come up so far

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Question about Nintendo DS

My last Nintendo purchase was my old GameBoy Advance SP. My 7 year old daughter likes it but has asked Santa for a DS.

Which one do I want? The DS, DS3D, DSi? Do they all take pictures and allow for video? Are they still making games for them?

Thanks

silver1

TRIBE Member
Question about Nintendo DS

My last Nintendo purchase was my old GameBoy Advance SP. My 7 year old daughter likes it but has asked Santa for a DS.

Which one do I want? The DS, DS3D, DSi? Do they all take pictures and allow for video? Are they still making games for them?

Thanks
The DS/DSi are essentially outdated (last Generation handheld). Games aren't really being made for them anymore.

You will want either the 3DS/2DS. they are Both the same in terms of processing/what they can play the 2DS version though does not have 3D capabilities and was just introduced as more of a "budget" or value machine of the 3DS.

The 2DS/3DS are backwards compatible with all DS/DSi games