• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Nintendo DS!!!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Well instead of chatting about the DS in the Wii thread I'm starting this thread... Pure DS awesomness goes here lol.:D

I just got my new wierless router and going to go on-line today, so if any of you are down for some Mario Kart or Metroid then I'll see ya tonight.

The Peej

TRIBE Member
My roomie has one. I haven't been able to justify moving up from my Advance SP yet.

I played mario kart online once, on the shitter (so awesome!) and got my ass handed to me. I've yet to try online again. Mario Kart for the DS could be my favorite Mario Kart EVER. It's tracks are all very rich and original, plus it has unlockable tracks from every previous mario kart game ever.

I have played the new Super Mario Brothers extensively and LOVED it. Very cool and innovative useage of the touchscreen on the mini games. As well as the microphone. (blow into the DS to inflate baloons etc)

Overall I lean towards the "lite" for esthetics of course. But I hear the original DS is much more comfortable.

kline

TRIBE Member
the original is definitely more comfortable if you've got big hands. sure, there's more glare and the screen's not as bright but who plays their DS in the sunshine at the park? not this guy.

we'll have to get wifi friend codes posted in here-- when i find mine [it's connected to a charger somewhere in my apt] i'll post it and we could get a game goin' of the best kart game to date.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
my roommate loves his for lazy days when tv, regular videogames, and books don't work.

he uses it like once a month.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
you know there's a videogame thread, right?
There's also a Nobody cares thread, Wii thread and every week there's your weekend thread... wait this is a message board lol... why are people starting threads on a message board.:eek: ;)

kline

TRIBE Member
super smash bros melee is a new way to solve conflicts in this household since gettin' the wii and some 'cube controllers--

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Dang, I can't believe I haven't bought/played that game yet. I have not heard a bad word about Super Smash Bros.

kline

TRIBE Member
^^^ i've only got 2 controllers but if you get 4 together, a case of beer and lots of teenage angst and/or hostility.... man, only good things will come of the experience.

p.s. added ya mod one--

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
For schizzle. I have one and Will has a few too. We should play at his place (He's got a nice tv) We could combine it with "Dress up as construction workers and make lewd comments at girls walking by" day.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
LOL, I'd hope that wasn't you.

I have to admit, having a Wii makes the case for the DS much stronger since they seem to work very well together.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
what's the advantage/disadvantage with the DS and the DS Lite? my dad's got one and i'm pretty sure it was the DS Lite and it's pretty awesome.

do you have to buy separate games for each or are they compatible with one another?