• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The newest Ottawa Senator is...

Adam

TRIBE Member
"The Ottawa Senators announced they have acquired five-time all-star Peter Bondra from the Washington Capitals in exchange for Brooks Laich, playing with the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL), and the Senators' second round pick in the 2005 entry draft."

Yeah, that is a fucking steal

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension
Why didn't Toronto pounce on that? Instead, we got, who...?
Well, Bondra doesn't really fill any holes the Leafs have.

Plus, they'll be picking up Gonchar in this inevitable fire sale.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
Well, Bondra doesn't really fill any holes the Leafs have.

Plus, they'll be picking up Gonchar in this inevitable fire sale.

Doesn't matter, Bondra is a minimum 25-30 goal scorer. Even if you put him on the 3 line it's better than nothing. Instead you're giving someone you might face in the playoffs a 25-30 goal scorer. They definitely shouldn't have gone for him if the price was steep, but at that price they should've give it a try.

Adam

TRIBE Member
I know, I'm just trying to downplay this trade as much as possible. :)

The Sens already were one of the best teams in the league, and adding Bondra without subtracting any players from your roster is terrifying to Leaf fans.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Ferguson should pay attention. If the Sens got Bondra for nothing, then he should be able to get Gonchar for nothing. No need to give up anyone off the roster. Except maybe Berg. Yeah, send them Berg.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
If the Sens got Bondra for nothing, then he should be able to get Gonchar for nothing. No need to give up anyone off the roster.
Fuck I hope you're right about this.

kuba

TRIBE Member
who gives a shit. bondra is like most of the senators team. weak europeans with scoring skill, but no grit. one hit by tucker or roberts or domi and theyre LIGHTS OUT. senators fans: you think rob ray is your answer? the guy was installing drywalls until he signed. shouldve gone for corson, but then he would ve been assasinated by me in the stands during the playoffs.

yeah its a sweet deal for ottawa, but we dont need bondra.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MC Bias
If that honestly happened, I'd personally go give Ferguson a swift kick in the groin.
How much more money do you honestly think MLSE is willing to spend? With a lockout looming (resulting in significant loses), I would think that MLSE/Teachers Union would hold tight. So I don't think either team will get Gonchar. Philly might though.

*c*

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
This certainly won't hurt the Sens, but I wouldn't expect it to have a huge impact on anything in the playoffs.

He hasn't really done all that much in the playoffs in the past.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
When the CBA expires do the teams have to pay the players with contracts even when they are not playing? Or are they on the hook when everything is settled and a new CBA is in place?

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
A contract won't change because of a new CBA. Only if something was negotiated, like an across the board reduction in pay.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories