• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The new tribes of dance music

erika

TRIBE Member
Highly recommended for some folks on here, the part about the tru-skool dubsteppers (better with the illustration):

Keeping dubstep real since 2006, the Tru-Skool Dubstepper would rather lose a body part than listen to one of Skream’s disco sets. She’ll only go to a rave if the sound-system is tailor made for dub, knows every unreleased Mala tune off by heart and can roll a King L spliff quicker than you can say ‘swifta beater’ – though don’t mention the fact that DMZ and Subloaded only happen once a year these days, or she’s liable to get a bit sad. Girls are notable for Goa-style dancing and a slight whiff of Strongbow, boys for bouncing up and down on the spot and a BO/Stella breath combo.

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Everything sounds better at the beach.

I'm not hating. I used to listen to a lot of rotterdam hardcore as a teenager. I'm happy to have my scene and I'm happy that other people have theirs. And when we all get together, it's usually a good time.

erika

TRIBE Member
I didn't post this to ask about people's preferences, but because I thought it was too funny!
And I have encountered people who fit some of those descriptions :)