• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The New Nintendo Wii thread

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -];4223754 said:
question: is it REALLY worth the extra $10 for the MotionPlus?
I'd say yes...esp since the unit is $25 on its own...

and it does make as much a difference in the disc golf as anything else in the package

praktik

TRIBE Member
Boom Blox 2:

Best multiplayer I've found so far are the "hockey puck" levels where you push each others pucks off a little air-hockey like surface.

Pick the first option "Pux" from the spaceship section under "competition".

You will have a blast.

Also checked out some created levels (of this type) and found the experience seemless and surprisingly quick!!

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I finally got around to softmodding my wii this weekend. It took a couple hours but only because I had never read about it before.

This is the easiest guide this I found
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12923&page=2
but I did use the newest version of each software mentioned, instead of the links provided.

I also found a custom Neogamma channel launcher that sits in your main home screen - you don't even have to run Homebrew Channel to launch a backup disc. Very slick.

System firwmare is updated to the newest 4.1 with SD card access - but I upgraded that AFTER doing the softmod process and used the Waninkoko upgrade blocker.

Breathed some new life into the wii for me - but it still won't get used very often.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
The procedure in the link I posted will softmod any wii for Homebrew Channel and backup discs, even if you've already installed 4.2.

That took less than 2 days for a full workaround to be released.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Anyone else jammin out the WiiWare release "Driift"?

Top down racing FTW! Lots of fun modes and with nunchucks/classic controllers you can rock 8 players!

praktik

TRIBE Member
So i dunno if anyone else has noticed but the Corn Pops at my No Frills has a guarantee of a minimum of 5$ worth of Wii Points, maybe 10$ and maybe even 500$

So I bought a bunch of boxes, they cost less than the value of the wii points you're guaranteed to get and you get to eat corn pops!

skyparty

TRIBE Member
My husband bought me animal crossing for Wii recently, and I am addicted!

I don't think anyone here plays it...

but if your girlfriends/wives/kids play it, and want to link up!
Post your info!

I want to travel to your town :)

I'll post my info too!

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Bit.Trip.Beat/Core/Void are all worth checking out.

Each game makes use of a style of control really well.

Bit.Trip.Beat - tilting the controller up/down
Bit.Trip.Core- using the D-pad to control which side you want to pulse-on
Bit.Trip.Void- using the nunchuck to move the ball around the screen

Initially, the game play videos of Void had me a bit "meh, I don't get it" - but once you get playing it, it is really neat - it also has one of the better soundtracks of the series.

Core is probably one of the better multi-player ones. It's so easy to be off like a fraction of a second when playing alone and missing a dot - but toss in a second player, and you're more likely to hit what you need to hit.

Beat is pretty neat, but sometimes the accuracy of the control feels a bit 'off' - I wonder if the motion+ addition can help with this? meh.

All of the games are really hard though - haven't beat the 2nd level of either Beat or Void yet, and still cant beat Core.

So far, Void seems to be one of the weaker two-player ones - but is great single player. Moving two dots around the screen leaves one of the players feeling like they are not doing that much, and in the 1st level (boss excluded), there doesn't seem to be too many sections where having an extra person is that much use.

Worth dusting off your Wii for IMO - each game is only a few bucks

praktik

TRIBE Member
Bit.Trip.Beat/Core/Void are all worth checking out.

Each game makes use of a style of control really well.

Bit.Trip.Beat - tilting the controller up/down
Bit.Trip.Core- using the D-pad to control which side you want to pulse-on
Bit.Trip.Void- using the nunchuck to move the ball around the screen

Initially, the game play videos of Void had me a bit "meh, I don't get it" - but once you get playing it, it is really neat - it also has one of the better soundtracks of the series.

Core is probably one of the better multi-player ones. It's so easy to be off like a fraction of a second when playing alone and missing a dot - but toss in a second player, and you're more likely to hit what you need to hit.

Beat is pretty neat, but sometimes the accuracy of the control feels a bit 'off' - I wonder if the motion+ addition can help with this? meh.

All of the games are really hard though - haven't beat the 2nd level of either Beat or Void yet, and still cant beat Core.

So far, Void seems to be one of the weaker two-player ones - but is great single player. Moving two dots around the screen leaves one of the players feeling like they are not doing that much, and in the 1st level (boss excluded), there doesn't seem to be too many sections where having an extra person is that much use.

Worth dusting off your Wii for IMO - each game is only a few bucks
Got all of them - and the new one is just out too - Bit.Trip.Runner I think is the name?

PLatformer.

So different concept - same great style but apparently the lack of save points means starting levels all over when you die - which can suck.

Will still grab it though!