• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The New Nintendo Wii thread

praktik

TRIBE Member
Boom Blox: bash Party is frickin awesome!

all fans of the first MUST get this game.

So many awesome new modes!

praktik

TRIBE Member
I dunno man, The Conduit, the new Dead Space, tiger Woods 09

boom blox and punch out just out

Plus a Left 4 dead type shooter that looks pretty sweet

to be honest I'd hold onto it

At least give it a week and see what shakes out at E3

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Got the homebrew channel working with no twilight princess hack and no mod chip shenanigans.

Time for some chrono trigger! YEAH!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Thanks!

Sold my Wii to a friend and thought this would be a nice thing to tell him about since he's into retro-gaming.

:D

praktik

TRIBE Member
These guys can.

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store-and-load-usb-wii-system-menu-4.html

It looks way more complicated than it actually is, don't be put off by all the steps.

I just finished playing my first game of speedball II in more than 10 years thanks to this awesomeness.

Oh and once you've got it installed, go here for apps and useful stuff
http://www.wiibrew.org

what about the firmware updates - this doesn't put you at risk of an eventual bricking?

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Oh and every time Nintendo come up with a new update, these guys circumvent it.

The guide above lets you do backups to HD, load games from SD, HD or DVD and lets you load up all manner of emulators and such. It put some new life into the thing for me, I hadn't touched it in months more than once or twice.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Madworld is fucking sweet.

Totally reminded of Super Smash TV gameplay-wise and Sin City in the visual style; all in one game.

Perfect for people who love ultraviolent casual gaming without much storyline getting in the way of their ringing an enemy with a tyre, impaling their head on a signpost and then beating them to death on a wall of spikes (among other insanely grotesque ways to murder the enemy).

Minigames like the Turbinator (toss enemies into a jet turbine), Man darts (baseball bat them at a giant dartboard for points, Death press (toss enemies under a giant spiked press and then watch them go splat) make this comic book goretastic.

Amazingly good fun and unbelievably violent (most especially for a Nintendo game).
The controls are solid and fun to use, not too much on the irritating side even when the motion controls come in for finishing moves and swinging spiked bats et al.

praktik

TRIBE Member
So - wanted a baseball game again and settled on Power Pros 2008 - and man - what a fun game!

If you can get past the arcade-style presentation and cartoonish graphics it is an incredibly deep baseball game that's fun to play.

I started an expansion team, the Buffalo Shake 'N Bake, drafted all my players and am now into a full season.

Its maybe the deepest baseball game I've played: stats up the ying yang, trades, player creation, management aspects, setting up what you want your players to practise on.

I got a wack of new games recently and this is the one that's been dominating my time!

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
I've been too immersed in Tiger Woods PGA 2010 to write how great it really is!...the swing motions (ie. draw/fade) feel bang-on...lotsa game modes...deep career mode...Frisbee golf is also very cool..

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Did you get the Wii motion+?

If so how is it?
Seems to work pretty well...moreso in Tiger than in Grand Slam Tennis...there is the occasional time in the latter when my top-spin/slice shot doesn't go off, but it seems pretty accurate apart from that

Seems silly that the WiiMP wouldn't have been implemented from the get-go, but hey, that's Nintendo for ya - King of the Add-on Peripherals :rolleyes:

praktik

TRIBE Member
So - wanted a baseball game again and settled on Power Pros 2008 - and man - what a fun game!

If you can get past the arcade-style presentation and cartoonish graphics it is an incredibly deep baseball game that's fun to play.

I started an expansion team, the Buffalo Shake 'N Bake, drafted all my players and am now into a full season.

Its maybe the deepest baseball game I've played: stats up the ying yang, trades, player creation, management aspects, setting up what you want your players to practise on.

I got a wack of new games recently and this is the one that's been dominating my time!
the addiction continues.

roomie got sucked in, and he's not even a baseball fan.

Working on creating a whole roster of created players, which lightens salary requirements appreciably.

So addictive - its like a baseball RPG!