• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The New Nintendo Wii thread

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
MOD ONE said:
See ya wouldn't want to be ya lol... JK BTW.;) :D

Seriously why did you sell it for?

It's always for these reasons:

a) Was spending too much time on it
b) Needed the money
c) All of the above

Another one bites the dust :*(

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kline

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
It's always for these reasons:
a) Wasn't spending too much time on it
b) Needed the money
c) both a) and b)
and the winner is, c).
i sold my entire kit to friends of my folks for their twin daughters who wanted guitar hero but they would only buy a nintendo system. so i spent a couple hours showing them the system, clearin' out stuff that i had that they didn't want on it and walked them through parental controls and set it up at their house.
i had the unmodded wii, 2 wiimotes+nunchuks, 2 gbc controllers, component cables, $60 in VC/wiiware games, and 1500 points left on it, wiizapper+ game, and wheel+ mario kart.
they priced it out at stores to be about $540 plus tax so because i spent the time with'em and set it all up they gave me $500 for it.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
What's going on with the Wii the latest game they came out with was Wiiplay and that looks like crap lol. It feels like they are coming out with no games for the thing. I'm still waiting for conduit to come out, so I can kick all your asses on-line lol.

zedtech

TRIBE Member
WiiMusic came out :p I just picked up Guitar Hero: World Tour (band pkg) on Sunday. I haven't tried the drums out yet though, apparently the drum sets for all 3 systems have been a little faulty for most people. I'm gonna test them out after dinner.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I traded that game in a while ago. It was a lot of fun, but I traded it in. Just found it kind of fizzled out, and the online mode would lag sometimes. The game that's in my Wii is still Okami, but haven't truned on the Wii for a while now. I also want to see how Mad World turns out and aswell, and what kind of controls they introduce to the game. Also I want to see another Metroid, and Zelda by the time for Christmas... I know wishful thinking. I think this year is going to be the year of the 3rd party games for the Wii.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Madworld is my next potential purchase for the Wii. I'd like a new Resident Evil too, but the maker has gone on record to say that the Wii 'can't even run RE5's title screen', heh.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
MOD ONE said:
I think this year is going to be the year of the 3rd party games for the Wii.

I agree.

I'm thinking about getting a PS3 or 360 for the winter to tide my gaming monkey until the Wii starts picking up the slack and coming out with some new games.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone check out Tetris Party or World of Goo on WiiWare? Apparently both are good. Goo's scoring 10s and Tetris Party can be played with the WiiFit Balance Board!

Photon

TRIBE Member
DeepSix said:
Anyone check out Tetris Party or World of Goo on WiiWare? Apparently both are good. Goo's scoring 10s and Tetris Party can be played with the WiiFit Balance Board!

Both are awesome and well worth the money! I haven't tried the Balance Board Tetris yet, but I have tried some of the other tetris games and they add alot more fun to the regular tetris. I've also played the online quite a bit.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Man this thread has fell off the face of the earth lol. Is it just me or this has been the worse year so far for the Wii. I mean there is a lack of good quality games to choose from. Not even any good 1st party games to buy WTF!!!

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
DeepSix said:

I highly recommend World of Goo my man.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Trev! I will DL it sometime soon.

I dunno Mod One - what's up and coming from the big N anyway?

Let's see...

(in order of tentative release date for 2009)

Punch Out
Wii Sports Resort
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Sin and Punishment 2
Wii Motor Sports Airplane
Wii Speak Channel

But nothing for X-mas 08? Crazy.

The only 3rd party game I'm interested in prior to the new year would be Rygar. There's still a ton of old games I haven't played though, so maybe I should go through those first ... No More Heroes, Resident Evil, Okami, etc.

My son keeps spending his allowance on Lego games, so I never get to play anyway :D always have to be Shortround or Chewie or Robin.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
add me to the list of 'haven't touched it in months'

actually, not true - I now have it turned off (not standby) because the flashing blue light was driving me crazy and I don't even care enough to figure out what the waiting message is.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I think us Wii owners are due for another Zelda. I'm waiting on Mad World and Conduit... I might hold off on the Conduit because I'm getting my dose of shooters on my PS3.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
It's starting to become a "we made this machine for people who don't play video games" kinda novelty.

I'm asking for a 360 for Christmas, and if not, I'll probably just go buy one.

It's too bad...I had high hopes.

lobo

TRIBE Member
Add me to the list of people who haven't touched their Wii in months. Seems like something else is always coming up....oh and the fact that I'm playing Fallout 3 on the PC for hours on end right now.

Lobo