• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the new haircut...

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
ok, so as some of you might know, i've been growing my hair out for about 5 months now. When all your friends and even your parents start making fun of you for having the same style for the last six years, you know it's time for a change...nah mean?

Anyway, I'm nervous about the whole procedure and in reality still have no idea what to do with this massive bulk of a god-like mane I've acquired (haha!)....SOOOoooooo, I was hoping some people out there have some real advice for me. Recommendations on where to go or who to see is helpful too!

My only particulars are these:
- my hair is dark brown and I'd like to not have to dye it.
- low maintenance would be nice
- something that makes me feel like a rockstar (but not like Oasis)

......?

@m.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Hi Adam.

I always thought you'd look cute with a shaved head.

ps. Go to Redd by our houses. ask for shannon.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^

mullet

mini truck mullet even

the have mulletudeness ratings and aggresiveness ratings
> mulletsgalore.com ( wide variety of choices )

more than a rockstar

MULLETSTAR!!!

-glycht

echootje

TRIBE Member
Adam, did we nod heads at each other in semi-regonizance on Saturday morning, outside the used appliances place?

If so Hi, the mullet-under-hat look suited you :p

Rob

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
@m,
i dunno, you'll be cute no matter what.

it would be easier if you threw some ideas out and then we could give you a 'yay' or 'nay'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Hello Adam!!!

you're a cutie pie no matter what you do with your hair!;)

I think you would look good with a hair style that is very textured that you just wear kinda messy with a little product in it.

Call me if you ever happen to come to Newmarket anytime soon. I haven't see you in sooooooo long!

Hey when's ur Bday?? I know you're a pisces. Did I miss it?? hmmm

*Maxine*:)

squirrely

TRIBE Member
for the first time in soooooooooo many years (like, since i was FIFTEEN) i have long brown hair. the most boring-est hair you could possibly imagine.

are you imagining it yet?

no, boring-er. BORING-ER. i swear.

and now i am afraid to ever do anything to it ever again, even though it's SO DAMN BORING, cuz it took me way too long to get it like this.

i am a prisoner. help.

i have an appointment with my hair dresser tomorrow and it's gonna progress more like therapy than a hair-cut, i just KNOW it.

oh, and advice? i'd need to see a pic of you or at least hear a description of your appearance. you can't just advise someone on a haircut without having even the faintest clue what they look like.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I got a haircut... it's a hoot.

I'm sure you can pull off whatever style you need... be strong, the force is with you.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Hmmmm.. I'm not seeing mullet. I'm not seeing the old haircut either..

How about something you can wear down AND up? A versatile haircut?

Right now, I have this bush of hair that I can spike up into a hawk, spike up into a fratboy or slick down..

I can see the Oasis thing but with less sheen. Because your hair isn't as thick as theirs.

But to be honest, I'm lovin' the hair you got now.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
ok, so as some of you might know, i've been growing my hair out for about 5 months now. When all your friends and even your parents start making fun of you for having the same style for the last six years, you know it's time for a change...nah mean?

Anyway, I'm nervous about the whole procedure and in reality still have no idea what to do with this massive bulk of a god-like mane I've acquired (haha!)....SOOOoooooo, I was hoping some people out there have some real advice for me. Recommendations on where to go or who to see is helpful too!

My only particulars are these:
- my hair is dark brown and I'd like to not have to dye it.
- low maintenance would be nice
- something that makes me feel like a rockstar (but not like Oasis)

......?

@m.

Matt @ Wax on Richmond between Spadina & Peter.
Awesome, and he's a DJ/Producer from New Zealand.. owns hair salons there and is currently just "travelling about" and feeling Toronto.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I've been growing my hair out for 3 years and last week i just went to the salon and got it all chopped off. I wasn't nervous at all bc i knew i would look good with short hair.

Instead of asking people what they think you should do with your hair how do you want your hair to look like? what style intrigues you?

I'm a girl and i just went through magazines but guys probably won't do that.

I personally like the shaved head look :D
not the bicked and completely bald look but the shaved.

oh, short and spikey is another plus in my books. :D

good luck..

rod_g

TRIBE Member
jlawrence011.jpg

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
^^^ hahaha!.... uh...i guess that really is what my hair looks like currently.

Maybe I should just invest in a leather jacket and a photographer.

Yes Rob, it was me.

I'm sure someone has a pic of me online somewhere...i don't have one handy. I think MoFo's train of thought is coming closest to what I'm looking for....I've been scouring a few rock magazines, but STILL haven't found the right one yet.

Unfortunately, 'mullet' is not an acceptable answer.