1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The new DC shoes video - Danny Way breaks two world records in ONE jump.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Backbreakers, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Backbreakers

Backbreakers TRIBE Promoter

I had the pleasure of watching the new DC shoes video at DMBC in Hamilton yesterday. During the showing there were many "Holy Fuck" type comments flying around the room from various skaters who until that moment thought they were decent skaters.

And then Danny Way's part came on. On the DC Mega ramp Danny Way managed to break both the long jump and the high jump world records, and he did it in style. He launched off the tabletop busting a 360 rodeo across a 70 foot gap landing absolutely perfect into the halfpipe where he then soared off the first wall achieving 27 feet or air and a slick backside grab.

:eek:

Here is a link to the video promo on the dc website. Click on Danny's Mega Ramp on the left side to check out the flash representation of the biggest ramp I have ever seen since Animal Chin.

Riding my measely five foot ramp just isn't the same anymore.

2. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

Animal Chin..wow that brings back memories..if only it would be released on dvd..

3. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Slightly off topic (although I love Danny Way), but I just watched Yeah Right yesterday. I loved Mouse, so I thought I'd check the new Girl video out. Spike Jonze directs. It's awesome...
    That is all.

[​IMG]

Oh, and if anyone has seen it, please tell me what Jurassic 5 song is used in the video as there are no song credits.

4. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

skater boi's rule

5. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

Re: Re: The new DC shoes video - Danny Way breaks two world records in ONE jump.

ya i downloaded animal chin last year... total flashbacks :) i remember loving it when i was younger...

6. rudebwoy

rudebwoy TRIBE Member

that's too funny.....i just watched it at DMBC as well (watching them drop in switch was nuts as well)... then got suckered into a new pair of koston's....damn impulse shoe buying....

c.

7. smile

smile TRIBE Member

KMAC, it's by fatlip.....i think it's called "today's the day".

i already have the YEAH RIGHT dvd...sick movie. koston's part is SO ill. along with the invisible launch ramps and skateboards, this movie has it all...and owen wilson is the funniest shit-talking trick nazi i've ever seen.

haven't seen the DC video yet, but a little known fact is that danny way's board in his huge jump is about the size of a longboard.

impressive still, but i wonder if the attempt would have been the same with a regular skate.

8. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

craazy sheet!

huge reespect to Danny Way.

9. smile

smile TRIBE Member

"you've gotta take your hat off to do a 360 backside manny down the rosalynd banks"

"front salad, back salad, front blunt"

"what's up with YOUR footage?"
    "......what did you say to me?"

pure jokes. and a big WAKE UP to all the tech nazis....skating is supposed to be FUN!

10. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I owe you one! My brother and I thought it was J5 but we weren't sure.

I love the part with the magic skateboard being passed from guy to guy. That part is sick.... along with the invisible skateboards. It's just a really cool, fresh video. I still love my Toy Machine and Zero boys though.

Owen Wilson had me cracking up with his shit-talking about his footage. LMAO.

11. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I googled around about the song... no one seems to know exactly what it is.

"Magic Pink Board" and "New Track" and "Today's the Day" but none of the versions on Kazaa have the part with Chali 2na.

Dang.

12. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

I've been going on about all these vids for weeks now, and have been trying to hook up with basic for even longer to give him copies. If anyone wants any new skate vids, hit me up. I've had all these for so long! They did the preimere of the DC video at the bloor cinema. Crazy. Danny catches snowboard air... On a skateboard. Two records - 75 foot distance air, and 25 foot height.:eek: :eek:

I like Rick McCrank's set the most in the girl video. So fucking much insane skating in the entire vid though.

Koston kills it too. His first line is fucking SICK! And his end with the 360 flip to nose blunt slide on that handrail?!?!?!?!? What the FUCK?

There's a making of the girl video in the new transworld, if you wanna check that shit. This video is being hailed as the best skate video of all time. And for good reason.

Flip "Sorry" is totally dope too. Mark Fucking Appleyard....... Need I say more? OK. Arto Saari? How's that?

If anyone wants copies, PM me and I'll make 'em. Basic. I've still got copies of all this shit for you bro.

Max

13. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

If anyone wants to buy Animal Chin off me, I have an extra VHS copy...Still in the wrapping.

14. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Dude! I'll take it! How much?!?!?!?!?!

15. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

I was supposed to see this at the premiere in Toronto...I need to meet up with tablist to get it! :p

16. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Basic - You should come by my place after work sometime and get some vids. Or we gotta try to hook up again.

Max

17. smile

smile TRIBE Member

on a very LONG skateboard....like a longboard.

18. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Not quite a long board, but close. You can't do a cube flip to indy on a long board......

19. suburban sound system

suburban sound system TRIBE Member

longboard, shortboard...whatever in the end they are both skateboards...

the DC video is absolutly insane. Danny Way's part makes snowboarding look just like rollerblading (rediculously easy and no skill set required)

every part in this video pushes skateboarding to its limits!

20. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Totally man. The video is fucking nuts and even people who don't/aren't into skating can dig it. The same with the girl video. Actually, the skating in DC video doesn't even touch the skaing in the Girl video, IMO. That shit is even crazier.

21. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

tablist - you want me to swing by your work tmmrw?

22. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Sure man. Anytime is good for me. You know where I work right?

PM me if not and I'll hook you up.....

23. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Erik.B - Do you know Conrad, and all the other cats from DMBC?

24. o0Ira0o

o0Ira0o TRIBE Member

Little known unless you pick up a copy of Oct. Transworld Skateboarding, where Danny says that in the interview. :D

Peace Ira

25. Backbreakers

Backbreakers TRIBE Promoter

Ya mon, been skating with Conrad, Scott, Manny, Bones and crew since highschool. I have spent 2/3 of my life riding a skateboard, minus a couple years due to excessive partying. I'm sure you know the dealio.

Been riding a halfpipe all summer, haven't had a good street session in a few years, since we have all become too old to go about thrashing public property and being chased away by security. Ha those were the days.