• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the most offensive thing that happened to me today

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
was when my friend excitedly started telling me about ji-hawg ammo (a play on jihaad). she is a gun enthusiast, and the topic of muslims had come up in class (another slap yourself in the forehead story, but not as good as this one), and at the end of the class she excitedly turned to me and said, hey, there is this new ammo! it contains pork! i was like, what? and she started describing it to me... at which point i quickly cut her off and said, you realize that what you're saying is highly offensive right? why are you telling me this? you do know that my parents are muslim right?

she responded by saying, but you eat pork though don't you? i said, THATS NOT THE POINT and turned around to ignore her. i was seriously so mad i lost the ability to speak. this friend of mine is 37 years old!!! in all my life i have never had someone say something so fucked up to me.

later on in the day, i think she sensed that i was a bit put out, and tried to smooth things over by saying, but hey, that ammo isnt for people like you, its for those OTHER muslims! ---at which point i just walked to my car without saying goodbye. this isnt the first time she has said something really fucked up, and truth be told the warning signs were clear when she one day started spouting off about how "the blacks" were ruining the city, and why do they have to commit all the crimes and be so "ghetto"....i guess i was just that lonely that i let it slide???

oh by the way, i live in florida.

suggestions on how to break it to this girl that i'm no longer interested in being friends with her? i have to stay cordial because we are in school together and will be interacting daily with her for the next year and a half, but i really dont think i can have her in my house anymore.

for anyone who is curious: http://www.jihawg.com/

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
wow, that's bloody ignorant.

The ammo itself is equally ignorant as, from my understanding of Islam - a muslim would not be 'defiled' when consuming pork unknowingly or against their will.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Jihawg is offensive and all that, but that website is an amazing and nonsensical monument to 'murican freedom. It took me a few moments to realize it wasn't satire.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
i seriously dont get it. this girl, sorry, WOMAN, is not a dumb person. i've known her for a year. shes been a good friend to me, i've met her family and been over on the holidays. we hang out often. either she meant to insult me, or she is just such an idiot that she didnt realize how offensive she was being.

its not like she made a paki cabdriver joke: she joked about something that's meant to actually KILL people who happen to share the religion that i was brought up with, the religion of my whole family! and she obviously expected me to laugh along with her! it really just blows my mind. who. in. the. world. says. that???

and then, to top it off, to be told, "well, you're not like THEM, so you're ok with me". like, really??? so because i dont have an accent and dont wear a hijaab and sometimes eat bacon, "i'm" ok with "you"? are you serious??? gee, thanks for your approval! :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

i have never missed toronto more than today!!! what a rude awakening!!

Balzz

TRIBE Member
LOL Porcine coated! Wouldn't they work on Jews, vegetarians, and worst of all, the vegans too? Just sayin.

Besides, how bad could they be? They're gluten free!

Balzz

TRIBE Member
she joked about something that's meant to actually KILL people who happen to share the religion that i was brought up with, the religion of my whole family! and she obviously expected me to laugh along with her! it really just blows my mind. who. in. the. world. says. that???
I'm no gun nor ammo expert but I'm thinking those bullets will probably kill non-muslims too...and it's not like they'd kill muslims any deader? I don't know where I'm going with this.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
i seriously dont get it. this girl, sorry, WOMAN, is not a dumb person. i've known her for a year. shes been a good friend to me, i've met her family and been over on the holidays. we hang out often. either she meant to insult me, or she is just such an idiot that she didnt realize how offensive she was being.

its not like she made a paki cabdriver joke: she joked about something that's meant to actually KILL people who happen to share the religion that i was brought up with, the religion of my whole family! and she obviously expected me to laugh along with her! it really just blows my mind. who. in. the. world. says. that???

and then, to top it off, to be told, "well, you're not like THEM, so you're ok with me". like, really??? so because i dont have an accent and dont wear a hijaab and sometimes eat bacon, "i'm" ok with "you"? are you serious??? gee, thanks for your approval! :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

i have never missed toronto more than today!!! what a rude awakening!!
You don't think paki cab jokes would be offensive to someone who has Pakistani parents?

Jay

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
You don't think paki cab jokes would be offensive to someone who has Pakistani parents?

Jay
sure but i'm not talking about someone else, i mentioned it in the context of this situation that i was involved with, and contrasted it to the joke she actually made. if she had told me a paki joke (because im brown) i would laugh and say you're a racist idiot, and it wouldn't bother me as much because its a more innocuous kind of joke. but making a joke about killing people kind of crosses the line.

Last edited:

djfear

TRIBE Member
I have a couple of things to say about this thread. In no particular order...

(1) I was eating bacon (with my scallops) while I read it, which is a bit of a coincidence since I rarely eat it, also I'm not trying to make light of the situation.

(2) My gf is vegan and would greatly disapprove of this so called ammo.

(3) probably where I should have started this post... This person sounds like a few people I know, and these are the character traits I think she may have: She is most likely a good person at heart, but doesn't understand how what she thinks is cool and funny to really be racist and created by someone who truly does hate muslims. She may not be filled with real hate, but more like bandwagon hate, so there's a chance you may get to "save" her. This is the bible thumping south of course, saving is what they love!

If I was you I would take the opportunity and sit her down with a serious look on your face and tell her that the majority of muslims are moderate peace loving people who have a strong sense of hospitality, family, and respect. And though she means well, she is being offensive, and she should think about her actions and words because they insult you. Let it stir in her mind for a while and she'll realize that she lost a friend because her "silliness" was in fact very disrespectful and she'll change for the better. And if not, then she's a C@#$^ B#$^#^ who can go to hell. :)

Maui

TRIBE Member
Yup. Florida is the the most fucked up state in the US, bar none.
I'm not sure about that, I mean I don't think they have signs on their establishments saying "no Blacks allowed".

But Yeah, you gotta know what your getting into when you move somewhere. I mean going to the states (shudder) is one thing, but Florida? I mean, these peoples idea of fun is watching cars go around in a circle.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
I'm not sure about that, I mean I don't think they have signs on their establishments saying "no Blacks allowed".

But Yeah, you gotta know what your getting into when you move somewhere. I mean going to the states (shudder) is one thing, but Florida? I mean, these peoples idea of fun is watching cars go around in a circle.

i dont know if florida is the worst, but it is not far behind texas, which is definitely the worst. we do get the distinction of having the wackiest news stories, the least number of libraries per capita, and we are also home to KOD (which is actually kind of a highlight). also its the only place where luther campbell from 2 live crew can get a regular column in a weekly paper to spout off his racist nonsense.

i admit i am a pretty naive person at times who up until this point lived in a post-racial-dream-bubble, but boy oh boy has that bubble been burst!

queen naeema

TRIBE Member

memorial day weekend is huge here and attended by predominantly black people. last year they closed off all the side streets so the foot traffic had to stay on the main roads, and set up license plate scanners at all the bridge offramps, and ended up arresting a million and one people with outstanding criminal warrants from other states.

they dont do that during art basel or wmc, so not quite "no blacks allowed", but pretty close.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders