• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the most depressing moment of my life as a dj occured last night..

ethnik

TRIBE Member
respect

i was playing a pre-xmas warehouse party last night, killer vibe going all night long, get to my last track and decide to drop a classic

Fingers Inc - Can you feel it

just as the lyrics get to this part...

''...Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all Jackers together under one house. You may be black, you may be white, you may be Jew, or Gentile. It don't make a difference in our house. And this is fresh!!!''

a fucking BRAWL errupts on a corner of the dance floor.....so completely out of touch with the message of the music, i had a lump in my throat the size of an apple i was so disturbed.

:(

i hate redneck motherfuckers with no clue who ruin the vibe at a party.

mike

vench

TRIBE Promoter
shitty buzz Michael.

some people should just stay home in a locked room.

positive vibes!!

vench

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

TRO

TRIBE Member
that sucks...

try spinnin hip-hop/dancehall and stopping the tunes ever 30 minutes cus the lights in the club go on...the fire alarm gets pulled... some fucker puts/throws/spills beer on your equipment getting records stolen...getting fucked for money from drug dealer/promoters...having people have sex behind you while your trying to MC...having stupid people requesting songs that have already been played OR WORSE REQUESTING A TUNE WHILE IT'S BEING PLAYED...

ohh the life of a hip-hop/dancehall DJ...damn how I miss it...;)

-Bill

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
violence is the worst...especially when you least expect it...:(

I totally understand...

-----------------------------------------------

BTW...how YOU doin?! ;) come here often?! LOL

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
one of the worst experiences i had dj'ing was having the music shut off during my set because some chick was freaking out on drugs... so everything had to be shut down til she calmed down

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nrg*ee

TRIBE Member
Hey bro, You've played the classic which was surely understood by some, and those people will appreciate this!!
There are always people who are new or just who mistaken the party...
Dont' worry about the rest, such ending was the best :)

Respect,

derek

TRIBE Member
one time when i was spinnin' a guy got shot. i thought the speaker popped until i saw the place empty at a ludicris speed.

yeah, it sucks.

peace,

derek

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
sorry to hear about that dood.

similar event tookplace for me when spinning in london one time. cept i was playing an eminem remix with some jay-z remix so i sort of asked for it i guess...lol