• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"The more you drink, the more you make"

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
He.

I knew it all along, suckers.

from the National Post:

From the National Post
People who don't drink at all, or drink very little, make less money than everybody else,' he said in an interview. The theory holds true even when other factors that can affect a person's income, such as their age, location and level of education, are statistically controlled. Previous research has shown that people who drink less than once a month earn about 10% less than people who drink moderately. Some studies also indicate the income of workers who drink at least eight drinks in one sitting each week is significantly higher than that of people who drink less.
So SCREW you guys. I'm getting drunk.
Who's with me?

http://www.nationalpost.com/search/story.html?f=/stories/20020417/666515.html&qs=drink

-jM
A&D
Special thanks to Number9 for pointing this out

vinder

TRIBE Member
it's cause you're too stressed out and NEED the drink to take your mind off your ASS job.

more money = more stress = more drinks

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
doesn't that 10% even out in the end..
a none drinker saving the money they don't spend on the booze? ..hmm

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclipze
doesn't that 10% even out in the end..
a none drinker saving the money they don't spend on the booze? ..hmm
that argument would make sense if i only spend %10 on booze.

i dont even want to calculuate whate percentage of my income goes to boozin it up.

when i did my taxes for this last summer iw as like... "umm... that's not good..."

100% entertainment expense.

minus rent.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Way too many confounding factors.

It'll be like the study that found that drinking wine was correlated with better health-- once they looked at it from a different perspective, it made sense: higher socioeconomic status is correlated with better health.... and higher socioeconomic status is correlated with buying wine. If A then B, and if B then C, then A then C. Or so it seemed at first.

I bet cocaine users make 15% more than non-users.

Put this together with the news from a couple of weeks ago: smoke 5 joints a week, your IQ goes up, snort cocaine and drink, you make more money.... wooohooo, it ain't such a bad world after all.

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Stats are fun. I bet beating women is inversely proportionate to both income and IQ... so don't beat your women or not only will it cost you money, but you'll become stupider!

Why don't they just tell people that? It's so simple!

Rob

Quirkz

TRIBE Member
Studies like that rarely try and make some sort of direct cause and effect link, that's only dumb medias interpretation. It says more about the kind of people that drink, that don't drink, etc.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ Doublecross
Stats are fun. I bet beating women is inversely proportionate to both income and IQ... so don't beat your women or not only will it cost you money, but you'll become stupider!

Because everyone knows that lost income / employment is the fault of immigrants...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ Doublecross

Rob
hey i thought u hardly came on here ? heheh+

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
I just come on here to drop these pearls of wisdom, and keep people in check. (translation = I'm bored, and playing with my hanging mobile isn't cutting it anymore)

Rob

KiX

TRIBE Member
I'll be there with Jeff, discussing correlation coefficients and causation theories, all while making more money than the rest of you suckers over a frosty pint. Or seven. One can never have too much money, you know.

=tina=

zoo

TRIBE Member
i rarely drink because i'm always studying

does that me poor? smart?

or just a big, big loser. ..?

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Statistics

Originally posted by PosTMOd
It'll be like the study that found that drinking wine was correlated with better health
Ummmm, I think enough *medical* evidence exists to support the health benefits from regular wine consumption. It's not like these researchers are just plugging a few data points into STATA and releasing their findings.

I think the suggested correlation in the National Post article is getting at the fact that people who have the ability to indulge in pleasurable pursuits will generally perform better at work. I totally agree. Being able to look forward to a pint of beer at the end of your workday or looking forward to a weekend bender can help reduce stress levels and increase morale.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
i find myself having a few drinks almost every night now .. this has built up over time as i got more money with my co-op jobs and then kept growing after i graduated and landed my current job which i just got another raise.

more money = more money to spend = why not spend it on booze = fun times

--craig

labRat

TRIBE Member
i think you missed one point:
But people eager to move up the corporate ladder should not necessarily flock to bars. The relationship between the two factors may not be one of cause and effect, Dr. Auld stressed.

but i guess it's too late, you're already drunk.

--craig