• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Mom Thread

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Excited, nervous has hell, anxious, all those. I just want to be the best dad for us! Yeah, I totally had to know, baby boy! Crazy indeed.
I can't wait for you to post the news about the most wonderful day of your life!! Be sure to post pics for us!!! :)

You too Killa! Getting close!:)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Yeah, 36 weeks today. I am super excited and bean seems to be too, he's more active than usual.
I am getting the tub delivered today as well and today is my last day at work.

Looking forward to hearing about your birth story, Chris! :) And of course, lots and lots of pictures. :)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Yeah, 36 weeks today. I am super excited and bean seems to be too, he's more active than usual.
I am getting the tub delivered today as well and today is my last day at work.
Last day of work AND tub delivered -that is exciting!!!

It sure feels nice to be in the last stretch huh?! :)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I am just really excited to meet him. While I really enjoyed being pregnant and everything that came with it, I really am ready for the next chapter of my life.
So yeah... definitely counting down.

And winter is coming, I have no maternity clothes and I miss wearing my old clothes. :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
OC showing me her walking skills

Before this she was walking a lot further, but at least I got a few steps on film. I was sitting there and started to notice she was walking by the time I could get the cam out she just gave me a few steps... I was a proud daddy at that moment.:D

[YOUTUBE]Ib2pgkWZgYk[/YOUTUBE]

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Came down with a raging case of Norwalk yesterday and again was reminded on how lucky I am to be sharing the parenting duties with Kevin....how the hell you do this mama thing alone while barfing your guts out I will never understand! MANY props to the single mamas out there!!

:)sarah

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Came down with a raging case of Norwalk yesterday and again was reminded on how lucky I am to be sharing the parenting duties with Kevin....how the hell you do this mama thing alone while barfing your guts out I will never understand! MANY props to the single mamas out there!!

:)sarah
Holy - feel better soon!!!:)

peko

TRIBE Member
OC has a bunch of teeth coming in and it's painful to watch. The big night poops and rash are finally under control. Thank you to who ever suggested baking soda baths!

Geminigirl - OC is 13 months old and she sleeps for 12.5 to 13 hours a night. She has two wubbanub suckies at night (double fisted) and she loves them. Sometimes she naps twice a day, or while teething will have one nap or no naps!

OC's new thing is mimicking the cats meowing, birds chirping or she growls when she doesn't like something. She makes me laugh a lot. :D

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Geminigirl - OC is 13 months old and she sleeps for 12.5 to 13 hours a night. She has two wubbanub suckies at night (double fisted) and she loves them. Sometimes she naps twice a day, or while teething will have one nap or no naps!
You go!!!

Ok...so I finally saw these wubbanub things at ONCE UPON A CHILD. You have made me think maybe we should try these too. At what age did you say she could put them in herself? About 9/10 months?

The ones I saw say 0-6 months soothers. I assume they don't have ones that are 6+ months?

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
thought i'd give you all an update on Thomas!

He had his one-year apt this week. Doc says we should try to cut out the bottles by 15 months. He's seems to like homo milk so we're doing 1/2 & 1/2 with formula until this box is empty and then he'll just have cows' milk from then on.

He's not yet 20 lbs so he has to remain rear facing in the bucket for another few months. He currently weighs 19 lbs 14 oz, which is surprisingly only 12 oz more than his brother at the same age. He just seems much more solid to me than Elliot was (still is!). Anyway - he's doing great and took his needles like a champ with minimal crying.

He's given up his morning nap, which is awesome b/c it was becoming a real crap shoot with the afternoon nap if he'd had a morning nap so now he has a nice long (usually 2+ hour) sleep in the afternoon, which gives me a nice break since Elliot is at school until 3:30.

He's almost walking and has taken 3 steps at a time, which is at least 2 months ahead of his brother who didn't even take his first step until he was 13 months old.

Night time sleep is still varied with 1-2 wake ups per night. We're trying to have Simon settle him if he wakes before 3 since we don't believe it to be hunger related. When he wakes at 4 or 5 i'll nurse him back to sleep since he's likely hungry. Our doc says that he'll likely sleep right through once I wean him but she was encouraging and said to wean him whenever I want (refreshing since i've heard stories about peds recommending people wean early).

His newest thing is shaking his head "no" which he likes to do when I ask him for a kiss (adorable). He is also very much into putting things together - like putting a top on a bottle or a ball into a cup etc. It's fascinating to watch.

All in all - he's a real joy and is still a pretty chill kid - except when I take him to MumNet and leave him with the caregivers. He loses his shit and won't stop crying. It sucks b/c it's supposed to be 'me' time but it's hard to stay focused on the workout and following discussion when all i hear is my kid wailing in the next room (like for 1.5 hrs straight ugh).

that's all i can think of at the moment.
happy thanksgiving everyone!

peko

TRIBE Member
You go!!!

Ok...so I finally saw these wubbanub things at ONCE UPON A CHILD. You have made me think maybe we should try these too. At what age did you say she could put them in herself? About 9/10 months?

The ones I saw say 0-6 months soothers. I assume they don't have ones that are 6+ months?
Younger then 9-10 months. I just AlWAYS went into her room when she cried at night until recently. :eek: just give it a go.

The Wabbanubs I get are 0-6 months, but OC still loves them! I'm taking the 'if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it attitude.'

Yeah Thomas! He sounds adorable!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Younger then 9-10 months. I just AlWAYS went into her room when she cried at night until recently. :eek: just give it a go.

The Wabbanubs I get are 0-6 months, but OC still loves them! I'm taking the 'if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it attitude.'
Gonna pick one up for starts! And if she likes it, will get more for the crib like you said.

It's the same soother that she uses, so I am sure she will like it. :)

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
i had a stretch & sweep done (on a Wednesday) to try to get things moving (as some of you may recall due to my kidney issues). i had some 'discharge' after that but i didn't actually lose my plug until i was already in labour and contracting (early on the Sunday). It sort of happened all at once - contractions / water breaking / lose mucous plug. But since my last labour was only 2 hrs 15 mins i guess everything sorta did have to happen all at once!

oh - and i never lost it with my first labour. water broke in the middle of the night, I then started contracting 5 hours later and then baby Elliot was born 5 hours after the first contraction.

Cri

TRIBE Member
Last day of work for me tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited to rest up and not be on my feet all day. Yay yay yay!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Every time she drops me a call at work, I get the butterflys thinking I have to book home! I think she is teasing me!

Someone said something about a push present?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories