• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The mean streets of Collingwood

rhyss

TRIBE Member
Welcome to the Internet, Birthday January 1 1983

It never ceases to amaze me when people ask easily answered questions like this.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Collingwood - my home town. How I dont miss that shithole of a place.

Has it gotten any better down there in the last 5 years or so?

.... some days I feel guilty, I have alot of family up there that I havnt seen in years, and dont really feel like going to see.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
When you hit the end of Hurontario, if you turn left it's 1st Street, if you turn right it's Huron Street...and no matter which way you turn, it's Highway #26.

basilisk

TRIBE Member
I spent one day in Collingwood while I was in my teens. Some hard-ass in a leather jacket looking like a wannabe biker picked a fight with me because I crossed his path. I saw some local girl bolt across the main street with a pair of shoes in her hand, and sure enough some barefoot yokel came hollering after her. Best of all was when a red-haired handicapped dude on a rascal went zooming by, blasting old school rap out of a ghettoblaster. Truly, a fantastic town.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I am drawing up a store for the Collingwood Centre as we speak. The Mall is so boring that I am stumped at what to do.

diablo

TRIBE Member
tobywan said:
When you hit the end of Hurontario, if you turn left it's 1st Street, if you turn right it's Huron Street...and no matter which way you turn, it's Highway #26.
Simple and effective.

Thanks.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
basilisk said:
I saw some local girl bolt across the main street with a pair of shoes in her hand, and sure enough some barefoot yokel came hollering after her.
hahahaha

she stole the shoes somebody was WEARING

gold

pure gold

rhyss

TRIBE Member
So many strange times there.

I had some friends go up to Collingwood on a movie run years ago and they swear that they kept seeing people who resembled famous people so they started snapping pictures of them in various poses and singing "hurray for Coll-ingwood".

And I went to the Mountain-spew Hotel to see a friends band years ago and my hippie cousin ran around barefoot for the whole show. We urged her to get a tetnis shot after the show. *shutter*

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
Collingwood - my home town. How I dont miss that shithole of a place.

Has it gotten any better down there in the last 5 years or so?

.... some days I feel guilty, I have alot of family up there that I havnt seen in years, and dont really feel like going to see.

my mom lives in meaford

[jai]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry to hear that.

I think I've been back to c-wood 2 times since I left, and I dont miss it at all. However, I must admit - I did enjoy the Elvis Fest each year - was freakish to see so many Elvis come down to Collingwood and the entire main street get taken over by elvis-gifts in the windows.

C-wood was great to grow up in from about, birth untill grade 9. Lots of hiking and bike trails and stuff like that, but once I wanted to do things beyond ride my bike all day - it really, really, really sucked.

The mall is horrible, the mainstreet when I was there was dead.
Glad I got out of there when I did :)

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Oh Collingwood how I love you. Cwood has changed a lot in the last 5 years or so. There's a lot more going on due to Intrawest's purchase of Blue.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
glych t.anomaly said:
my mom lives in meaford

[jai]
Meaford is cute.
A lady I know has the most beautiful property there - on a stream and looking at the lake... The home has so much character... Ive had some great drunken times in Meaford...

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I am an Orillia girl myself. I find that the people from Collingwood remind me of people that I have met from BC. Same mentality.