• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Mayor's Race

kodos

TRIBE Member
Whatever gets people out and voting, right? as long as its not some reality-tv concept gone wrong.

kodos

TRIBE Member
http://www.votetoronto.ca/ << lefty-based page here, could be useful if you're not sure who's who as far as city councillors go. The site also has some voting records and such, though this only goes to show Miller's track record...
[/granola]

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I honestly feel poorly informed about the candidates for councillor in my ward. I know a lot about the incumbent, but I know nothing about the other candidates aside from their names. No flyers. No websites. Nothing. I'm basically left with emailing the individual candidates and asking them to outline their positions. Pretty sad.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Synopsis of all the cranks running for mayor and their platforms in today’s Star…always good for a laugh. The guy who wants to turn T.O. into a province, the 19-year-old who is running to better educate himself about the political process (psst...maybe your student body would be setting the bar at a reasonable level), the Indian Charlie Chaplin impersonator, and of course, the ubiquitous Ben Kerr.

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdRiaN
I honestly feel poorly informed about the candidates for councillor in my ward. I know a lot about the incumbent, but I know nothing about the other candidates aside from their names. No flyers. No websites. Nothing. I'm basically left with emailing the individual candidates and asking them to outline their positions. Pretty sad.
I'm in the same position, but a lot of them in my area have websites and bomb my house with flyers (which I find pretty useless). Luckily for me, my wife is really interested in who our councillor is going to be so she's researched it pretty well. Considering that and the fact that I'm a lazy slut, I just decided to let my wife decide who I'm going to vote for.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
At lunch I was walking down Queen and strollling in a buggy down the street was a dude with a sign that had something about voting on it written in German style lettering. The dude was dressed as Hitler and was yelling something into the streets. I couldnt make it out or whip my camera out fast enough. Anyone know what this was about?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by OTIS
At lunch I was walking down Queen and strollling in a buggy down the street was a dude with a sign that had something about voting on it written in German style lettering. The dude was dressed as Hitler and was yelling something into the streets. I couldnt make it out or whip my camera out fast enough. Anyone know what this was about?
That must have been Jakobek, grasping at straws...

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
i know the election is over, but i only saw this now.
i saw these guys on friday, and they put a HUGE smile on my face.
they had signs that said, "DON'T VOTE! GO SHOPPING!" and other such hilarious signage.
i think it was just a performance art piece/commentary on the current voter apathy and political situation.
it was great though.