• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The "Made in Canada" thread

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Totem has been my favorite speaker for the last 20 years.

One of these days I'm going to pull the trigger on a "made in Canada" system and upgrade to Totem mani2 speakers and Bryston electronics.

Just need to convince my wife its worth the 10 grand.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Most garlic (99.99%) sold in grocery stores is imported from China. I hate to think that my only garlic options at the grocery stores by my house are shipped all the way from China. I noticed at No-Frills yesterday they are carying "heirloom" garlic "GROWN IN CANADA". It is much bigger and plumper then the chinese small pale garlic. In the summer we get all our garlic from my Mother in Law's garden. So yes, I know there are options; however, in the middle of winter you are kind of stuck eating what they sell at the grocery store in your 'hood.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
yeah, chinese garlic sucks. I buy a large bulk order in the summer from a local farmer. It is much more expensive though!

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
You'd be surprised how much stuff is actually made in Canada.

I work for a, let's say, multinational corporate conglomarate, very much like "Madrigal" from Breaking Bad would be, except Japanese instead of German. This company has more offices in more countries than the Canadian foreign service. I know this, because the foreign service offered me a job.

Many of the "made in Canada" things are stuff you don't encounter at the wall-mart check out lane.

Rubber lubricant. This is important for making tires. Which go on cars. Which are made in Canada.

Hydrogen peroxide! Anymore than 30% and it's a regulated substance. Comes from good ol' Surrey British Colombia!

Hydrocracked methane! Gotta keep the house warm.

Anhydrous silica! Keeping products dry since 1930.

Corolla, Matrix, and Lexus 350, made in Canada for 25 years(ish).

Cobalt 60, check. We rock the world for this shit. And other various radioisotopes.

A wide range of engineered thermoplastics, especially the shit that looks like leather but isn't.

I could go on and on.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Most garlic (99.99%) sold in grocery stores is imported from China.

Though I have no evidence to say otherwise, I highly disagree.

There is a highly aromatic city between Santa Barbara and San Francisco that reeks to high heaven of garlic farms. I assume some of our garlic comes from there.

-jM
A&D

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
As of 2012, China is the largest producer of garlic in the world, currently producing 59 million metric tons annually, about 66 percent of total world production.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
As of 2012, China is the largest producer of garlic in the world, currently producing 59 million metric tons annually, about 66 percent of total world production.

Yes, but from where do the majority of the world's prostitutes hail?

Well, actually, that's an easy question.

Mexico.

ANd note that no Mexican food contains garlic. That's right folks, it's all cilantro and beef.

Prostitutes yes, garlic no.

Unless we're talking Tijuana. The yeast factories there can tell a whole nothing story.

-jM
Aquire and Consume