• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Liberals SUCK

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Unlike the thread about Harper, this is a thread about the Liberals. So if you dislike the Liberals, here's your place to complain.

Go!

Thanks for starting us off boo

Boo said:
I for one am glad that we have people like you to keep this government accountable.

I mean with:

-a minority government (one that could be defeated on almost any vote in parliment)
-an almost entirely liberal appointed senate
-an almost entirely liberal appointed judiciary
-a liberal appointed executive / head of state (govenor general)
-and a senior civil service that is made up entirely of either liberal appointees or those hired during their 16 year rule and probably harbour liberal style opinions on policy

A minority conservative legislative branch really needs to be kept under a magnifying glass and accountable.

I do agree with you with the fact that the conservatives ran on an accountability platform and the media having an important role, but the media is as much to blame.

You mention:

-that it is a time of war - A war that the liberal government entered into (I'm assuming that you voted for liberals in the last election - prior to this)

-that conservatives have a bad environmental record.
Liberals have had the worst environmental record in recent memory. Have a gander at emmision levels in the last 16 years or the kyoto compliance. Yes they signed the agreement, but we're not even close to following what we signed and our emmission levels even make the USA choke.

-that the conservatives have a bad 'native' record
Tell that to the 1000 people that were recently evacuated because of underfunding, and how they feel about the liberals

You may say you are non-partisan, hell you may even truly beleive it, but the fact that you voted NDP, and yet see the conservatives as a radical party, speaks volumes to your stance.

Rather than write a well written letter to your local MP or the PM - your decision to send a soother does not seem effective. I'm sure the mail clerk that opens this stuff, will file it in the crazy pile, and move on.

There is a growing consensus that Harper is doing 'a heck of a job', and IMO has delivered on his main promises, talked straight and come up with practical solutions.

I'm not a conservative fan-boy by any means, and just like to take the devils advocate appraach most of the time, but I did vote conservative for the first time this election, and so far I'm quite happy with the job they are doing.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
No leadership
Highly questionable party financing under Martin
Unable to manage even a small scandal without having to resort tyo blaming the last guy in power.

party of pussies

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
They deserved to lose, and I hope they have a long time out of power to think about how to run a party.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
The Liberal party has its issues for sure. But if they are able to get their house in order and elect a new leader, they will form the next majority government. I've always maintained that the Liberal party is the only party the encompasses truly Canadian ideals.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I still want to know about Martins leadership financing. If the people who joined the Liberal party really did each pay $20 I would expect them to vote in the next election, but they clearly didnt. I have a strange feeling that Martin funneled a pile of cash through the liberal party by signing up members that didn't exsist and paying on there behalf which is a violation of election code.

I'm a former card carrying red, I really like ole Jean, but I see nothing in the party right now that even remotely stirs attention. I don't see work week reductions, I don't see maternity leave at 18 months where it should be I don't see much from them besides leaving it to the courts to decide.

atbell

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
The Liberal party has its issues for sure. But if they are able to get their house in order and elect a new leader, they will form the next majority government. I've always maintained that the Liberal party is the only party the encompasses truly Canadian ideals.
I've heard concern that Harper might force an election as his numbers are supposedly up (who on earth thinks better of the blues now is a mystery) and they might want to take advantage of the liberal confusion about what a leader is.

I'd say leadership is the key issue with the liberals right now. I just don't see any of the leadership candidates as being strong.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
word.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Incidentally, I think my sister might be working on Ignatieff's team. I'm proud and amused all at the same time.

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
I'd like to see Martha Findlay Hall (Toronto based lawyer) win the Liberal leadership but since she doesn't have the same financial backing and name recognition as the other candidates I don't think she'll win. Ignatieff or Bevilacqua in the alternative.

Colm

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
I've always maintained that the Liberal party is the only party the encompasses truly Canadian ideals.
Oh, I know what you're talking about: The Divine Right of Liberals.

gak

TRIBE Member
Big Harv said:
I'd like to see Martha Findlay Hall (Toronto based lawyer) win the Liberal leadership but since she doesn't have the same financial backing and name recognition as the other candidates I don't think she'll win. Ignatieff or Bevilacqua in the alternative.

I think you maybe picked the two biggest longshots (hall and bevilacqua)...I was supporting Ignatieff but he has been acting like a Republican lately...Gerrard Kennedy may be the guy to watch out for...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders