• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Leafs Are Ass

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
They played like shit and fell apart.

BBB.

I do not think they are ASS, though. It's only one game, with another one scheduled to start in 9 hours. Let's see how they play tonight. They have to play better, granted, but do still lead in this series.

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
I only saw Tucker lose it on some speedbag....

Does anyone else think Darcy popping some stimulants before the game??? His eyes are always POPPING out of their sockets....

BTW - there is exactly ZERO drug testing in the NHL......

kyfe

TRIBE Member
hey they had to lose one, and I'm glad the decided to totally fall apart @ the same time....Leaf's in 5

Kyfe

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
the refs need to ease up on the penalty calling too.

TWO 2-man advantages for the islanders??? come on, this is the playoffs. let the teams decide who wins.

leafs will come out firing tonite.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i hope it's just the Islanders that are bringing out the worst in the leafs..

despite winning the first two games, they have played worse than i have seen them play all season..

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
i hope it's just the Islanders that are bringing out the worst in the leafs..

I was thinking about that last night. The Isles are playing a pretty tight-checking game and keeping the Leafs from getting into their transition game which usually consists of two or three passes through open ice from their zone into the offensive zone. The Isles have stymied their usual system by playing really solid man-on-man.

I think the Leafs will rebound from their DISMAL play last night and come with an effort more representative of what this team is capable of.

BBB.

MIA: Alex Mogilny, Gary Roberts, Robert Reichel, Mats Sundin, Jonas Hoglund.. :(

redeyes

TRIBE Member
you can't expect them to win every game in the playoffs. btw, i think the islanders and the pistons would've been better off winning a closer game. both t.o. teams are going to be in a bad mood for the next games. raps and leafs will win their next game.

peace

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
the refs need to ease up on the penalty calling too.

TWO 2-man advantages for the islanders??? come on, this is the playoffs. let the teams decide who wins.

leafs will come out firing tonite.
WERD!!!!

9 power plays? WTF is that? it's the playoffs, don't call it unless there's blood ont he ice.

stupid refs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
About Tucker and stimulants,

I will say this I know quite a few guys who know and work for the leaf organization,

maybe this is just common knowledge out there, Sudafed is common among NHL athletes, very very common, among other things to combat the wear and tear of their sport.

I havent lost faith in Toronto yet, they just didnt show up to play last night, fell apart and too many penelties against a team with a very stong power play!!

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
It's going to hurt to say this but..

I think the Toronto and Montreal games last night were very reflective of the history and character of both hockey teams.

The Leafs, looking good, blow it and blow it in style.. first class blow out. All the trimmings.

The Habs - looking weak on paper - step it up and grind out a victory. You can never count them out. The winningest team in N.Am pro sports.

That said. I am still behind the Leafs. The day will come and damn soon too that the Leafs will hoist the cup above their heads, preferably in the seventh game of a series against the Habs and all that freaky shizznit from Donnie Darko will happen because the universe will have fulfilled its purpose.

uuuh...

:eek: :)

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

WERD!!!!

9 power plays? WTF is that? it's the playoffs, don't call it unless there's blood ont he ice.

stupid refs.
the leafs had 8 pp opportunities as well..so its not as if it was totally one sided...the leafs PP has not scored yet, and w/ the isle's going 4/9 last night, it justseemed a little one sided...

BUT...the real story of last night was my HABS scoring 4 unanswered goals and taking a commanding 2-1 lead in the series...two words...DOUG GILMORE...the man is a machine...w/ saku heating up, jose playing solid...and the ghosts of habs-past coming out in the centre last night showed that montreal is a team to watch....

GO HABS GO...
c.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey
Leafs had 8.

That was the problem. Leafs 0/8, Isles 4/9. Story of the game right there. Quinn needs to make some adjustments on the Power Play and we'll be back in business.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
I agree, it was a very ugly game but it's been a while since they were blown out, and there has to be some coincidence to Cujo for being out so long. Percentages caught up with them last last night.

No worries, they'll take this one in 6, pp needs to step up though, 0/8 is unacceptable, that could come back to haunt them.

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1

Not anymore. The Yankees have pulled ahead in the last few years.
hey! you are right

(shut up to my ass, its talking for me again, I apologize)

but really now, can baseball really be considered a sport? or is it just a giant boardgame? :p

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by FC St. Pauli

hey! you are right

(shut up to my ass, its talking for me again, I apologize)

but really now, can baseball really be considered a sport? or is it just a giant boardgame? :p
No. Baseball really isn't a sport. It's a "passtime". I still enjoy watching it but I wouldn't consider it a "sport".

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
It's only one game, let's not jump off the bandwagon here. 4 of the 6 goals were on the powerplay so at least there's something they can focus on. It's really frustrating watching the game with all the penalties though. It's the playoffs for christ sakes, the refs should let some calls slide (both ways). I find the Leafs tend to play better when there are less penalties during the game (both for and against), so hopfully they'll try and stay out of the box tonight. But, I do think it's going to be a war out there tonight, from what happened at the end of the game and that it's only a one day rest between games.

Should be a good one tonight!

GO LEAFS GO!

Pete

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
tonights game is going to be FUCKING MEYHAM...

that WEB guy is out of controll, even Grapes called it, it's cool to give someone a good check, but if you're going to cower away from confrontation you're just a big weiner.

Tucker was fuming mad the likes of which I haven't seen since the jersey series last year.

I agree, that game was garbage...horrible play, terrible coverage, and weak poorly planed passes and rushes.

tonights game is going to be ALL powerplays...:)

only 6 more hours!

*PoOkY*

TRIBE Member
yes I agree this game will be mayhem...

H0ly shit people..they lose one *bLeepin* game and you seem to think it's the end of the world...

WELL IT'S NOT!

If Montreal can come back in a game last night and beat Boston...we can take this series...

So for all you who don't have faith then don't call yourselves Leaf's fans...

Jules :cool: