• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Killing of Eric Garner

derek

TRIBE Member
add the fact the officer used a choke hold that is illegal and was barred by the police force given the risk of death, it's mind blowing.

it's a clear message the cops can break the rules without any consequences.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Amazing how this shit gets recorded, but still isn't considered enough evidence for charges.

And they think shit's going to change by putting body cameras on the cops?
more money flooding police forces for cameras that can ( and will ) be turned off, when a bazillion dollars have already flooded said police forces with anti tank vehicles, arms, etc.

this is what happens when you hire cops with a limited capacity for thought on the fly.
shoot first, say you felt your life was in danger, and let the system clear you of all charges, if they were even laid in the first place.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
That was depressing viewing.

I saw another video last week where a black man was minding his own business in a public area. A female cop tags him and keeps asking for his ID. He responds repeatedly "why?" without any clear reason from the cop. He then says "it's because I'm black, right?"
Her male partner rolls in and next thing they're taking him down and cuffing him. The guy was going to pick up his fucking kids. I think it was in Minneapolis.

I've never been tagged by the cops once and can't say I know any white people who have.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I've gotten pulled over for no good reason and I'm pretty white. They didn't beat me up or anything but now you know someone who has been.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I've gotten pulled over for no good reason and I'm pretty white. They didn't beat me up or anything but now you know someone who has been.
I don't mean pulled over... there's obviously quotas to be met there and coin to be collected. I mean in the street.

erika

TRIBE Member
The demonstrations are happening all over. Cops are out in full force. There are a few live streams showing them. 42nd at Broadway seems taken over by protesters; meanwhile the cops are protecting the Xmas tree...

derek

TRIBE Member
"If we give body cameras to cops we better give eye glasses to grand jurors!"

D.L. Hughley

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Yet another reason why dumb jocks who are bullies shouldn't be cops. Don't they have psych tests to screen these idiots out?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The grand jury is just supposed to rule on whether there's enough evidence to proceed to trial. These cases aren't even getting to the courts proper. It's insane.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
The grand jury is just supposed to rule on whether there's enough evidence to proceed to trial. These cases aren't even getting to the courts proper. It's insane.
agreed, They should pass a law that stipulates that any death by officer must have an internal investigation and be tried.

I don't get how juries determine if there is enough evidence to proceed to trial and not the prosecution.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
it's not helping, when the prosecutor that is running the grand jury has many many cases involving cops that factor in the prosecutor's future cases. they need to have a completely independent prosecutor - type for grand jury cases like this, that has zero involvement with cops.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
in my eyes this is worse than the Brown incident since, there has been no mention of an altercation.