• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The keeper

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I have a friend who swears by the diva cup (cuter version of the keeper), which I think I already mentioned in the girlstuff thread. She loves it and says she'll never go back to tampons. I'm tempted to try it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
lol
Well, I am buying one this afternoon and I am getting the keeper one (apparently this one is better for more active people). Both cups have two sizes and they do fit everybody - of course, just like when we learnt to use tampons, at first is going to be quite different.

Anyhow, I will post updates regarding this, I just wanted to hear some opinions.

kmac

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
lol
Both cups have two sizes and they do fit everybody

This is good. When I tried it out years ago, I don't think there were size options and the thing would just pop out of place at the worst possible moments.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I tried instead.. its similar but throw away, (no rinsing it out), its kind of like a thin diaghram type device.

at first I like it (once i figure howto get it in) but then there was some removal trouble, but I figured it out eventually, it kind of hurt though

then I tried it on a heavier day, and after 2.5 hours there were *issues* and I was disapointed.. its kind of expensive, you'd expect to actually be able to leave it in for 12hours like the box says... 2.5 is way short, and at a couple bucks each its not worth it... I didn't bother with it again after that.. for lighter days though its good... you can have sex with it in and stuff... and you really cant' feel it.. unlike tampons that I can always feel, even when you are not supposed to

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I was told instead has a lot of "leakeage" problems and if you are an active person, you might as well not even consider it.

It was a toss-up (haha) between diva and keeper.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
I tried the Instead cut for a while and had mixed success.

The biggest problem was leaking. I'm not sure if the cup was tipping or what, but whenever I used the washroom a red tide would come flowing out. What a fuckin mess. I wouldn't even consider that being active - I was just taking a piss!

kmac

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I was told instead has a lot of "leakeage" problems and if you are an active person, you might as well not even consider it..

That's the one I tried! It sucked.

sugar

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
They seem to only make them in one size: giant cervix.

LOL!

I have no problems with tampons, so I don't think I'd take the chance with something like this. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
i've heard GREAT things about the keeper *and* the diva cup, and if i still got a 'real' period, i'd definitely have gotten the diva cup by now (yay for mirena - almost no rag!!)

there are two sizes - relating to age and/or whether or not you've had a kid.
the diva cup is the one i would choose, because it is medical grade silicone, not rubber - and those of us with sensitivities to rubber can have troubles with the keeper.

i love the fact that it reduces period waste to nil, or almost nil (maybe a little panty liner on occasion, with it - who knows). i hate adding crap to landfill that doesn't need to be added. (i don't use paper towels, for instance. and swiffer can suck my smelly big toe.)

please do post updates, killa - i'm curious about what a non-granola munching, non birkenstock wearing, non armpit hair braiding person will think of it. :D

lucky1

TRIBE Member
hmm seems I wasn't the only one with the keaking prob then.. i though maybe I was using it wrong or so.. : P brutal.. and at the worst posible moments...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I talked to the girl at the store and she recommended me the Diva one. It's quite a "process" to insert it and she assured me that once I get the hang of how to insert it properly, there should not be leakage.

So I guess I am a proud owner of the Divacup. Since my period will come in 11 days, I guess I have to sort of prepare myself until then.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i have friends who SWEAR by it. i tried it but found it a touch painful once it was in there. my friends thought that i wasn't putting it in properly, but i couldn't stand it. so... i just stopped using tampons all together (unless i'm going out) and don't much like sticking things up there... unless, well, it's a boy part.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I use Instead, and I like it... I don't really mind the leaking while using the washroom, but I find that I need backup on heavier days because sneezing/coughing/etc. can also cause leaks.

I'd love to try a divacup/keeper//mooncup/lunette/whatever, if I can find one around here.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
*runs into thread*

someone ask for a boy part!?
lol
edit: i'm really surprised that groovespinna made it through a thread on the "keeper". you realize it's a plastic cup a girl sticks up her vagina to "keep" her menstrual fluid til she empties it into the toilet, right?

Last edited:

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
k, here is my question about the diva cup or keeper...
how often do you need to rinse it out? like, every few hours? or just once a day?
cuz i think i would be mortified to do that in a public washroom. i am sure that makes me uptight, but i just don't think that people would want to see that.

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
lol
edit: i'm really surprised that groovespinna made it through a thread on the "keeper". you realize it's a plastic cup a girl sticks up her vagina to "keep" her menstrual fluid til she empties it into the toilet, right?

Im not here to judge.
but I did comment on this in the 'ask a man' thread I think.
and while Im here, let me judge.
BARF