• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the jesse barfield appreciation thread

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
most awesome right-fielder ever. the guy could make the throw all the way to third base from the fucking wall. plus he's quite the handsome devil.

barfield.jpg

the juice-monkeys in baseball today couldn't hold a candle to the greatness that was jesse barfield. we need less drugs and more jesse.

thank you for your time.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
He always looked as though his name should have been "Rudy" to me.

I still remember when they traded him to the then crappy Yankees for Al Leiter.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AshG

Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
That picture remindes me how much I hate the new Jays uniforms.

so true.
those old uniforms were great.

the new ones are far too try-hard xxx branded extra-strength pap.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
why the hell did we trade Mcgriff....hell, why the fuck did we trade Jeff Kent!???

we have a nice history of letting go future stars
[/QUOTE

We traded Freddy and Fernandez for Alomar and Joe Carter right?

Best trade made by the Jays, that, in part, got us the back2back world series rings.

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Jesse Barfield, George Bell and Lloyd Moseby made up the best outfield in Jays history.

The 1985 team should have gone all the way...

I was lucky enough to have gone to their first ever post season game against George Brett and the KC Royals. I still have my stub...heh I just realized that was 20 years ago - shiiiat

jays.JPG

Renton

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
why the hell did we trade Mcgriff....hell, why the fuck did we trade Jeff Kent!???

[/QUOTE

We traded Freddy and Fernandez for Alomar and Joe Carter right?

Best trade made by the Jays, that, in part, got us the back2back world series rings.

Yah.. And we ended up getting Fernandez back for peanuts a few years later.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Tearer

jays.JPG

a chair seat! i always ended up sitting on the benches that extended past the the fence in right field. my childhood experience of exhibition consisted of staring at jesse barfield's ass for 9 innings.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Jesse Barfield, George Bell and Lloyd Moseby made up the best outfield in Jays history.

The 1985 team should have gone all the way...

I was lucky enough to have gone to their first ever post season game against George Brett and the KC Royals. I still have my stub...heh I just realized that was 20 years ago - shiiiat

jays.JPG

Wow that was an outfield. What a series that was too!

Maui

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
i miss caring about baseball

:D

I remember the old games at the ex.

And pretending you were the jays at school. My favorite was Tony Fernandex. Someone else was Kelly Gruber. I used laugh when I heard Jesse Barfield, cause it had Barf in his name...

Fred McGriff, George Bell, Mookie Wilson, Lloyd Mosbey. I used to know every player on the say 87-91 teams. I couldn't name one player now...

cfgb

TRIBE Member

To be fair, there was no place to put the young Kent... Alomar was in his mid 20's, and playing amazing ball at 2nd. Tony Fernandez, in his prime, was the shortstop.... Kelly Gruber was at third, and the Jays fans of the early 90's would have shot Cito Gaston on location if he'd even THOUGHT of benching him for an unproven youngster.

The trade made sense for everyone involved. The Jays beefed up their rotation with David Cone, and Kent got a chance to play every day.

smile

TRIBE Member
my uncle used to work for labatt's back in those days, i've been in private boxes in exhibition stadium, i danced with BJ Birdie once at a game on top of the dugout, haha