• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The insufferable Conservatives

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
they're starting to get as bad as the Republican Party in the US.

some fucking low level depravity/bullshit they seem to be up to constantly.

this whole bullshit with them trying to throw Trudeau under the bus for something fundamentally not wrong at all is just the latest shitstorm.

-Harper campaigns and promises to reform / abolish Senate, does nothing
-1 senator caught for assult - kicked out of party but remains a senator
-3 senators caught for (basically) corruption - all kicked out of party but remain senators
-all 4 of them are Harper appointees to the Senate
-party tries to cover up their thieving / corruption & major party figure is removed for getting exposed
-enumerable instances of inappropiate use of funds from Clement, Harper, Oda, McKay, etc etc etc
-US style negative policics employed constantly to try and discredit Justin Trudeau

and on and on and on and on

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
This list is actually pretty underwhelming you haven't even touched on how wide spread the election fraud was because of the cover up and obstruction.

praktik

TRIBE Member
- tough on crime bullshit walking us backwards into history
- no forward thinking on the war on drugs or the environment or defense policy (seem content to not question, fundamentally, the Canadian "peacekeeper" myth)
- ideological baggage no one cares about distracting us from time to time (namely bogus fears about the census)

The main problem is they are reaching that part of their tenure in power where the hanger's on and parasites swimming on the whale of the party have had ample time to make greedy and selfish mistakes.

So this latest period is a recurring one for any party at this juncture, but you add in all their dumbass ideological baggage and it makes it that much worse.

I would love to hear a different conception of conservatism, one where prudence was returned to the forefront so you could have a conservative defense of the environment, or a conservative argument to end the drug war or to be less involved in foreign adventures - all of which exist, but you never hear spoken by a conservatism that seems more content to wallow in jingoism and the recipe that worked so well in the late 80s and 90s. A recipe they have managed to persist in baking up without any modification from what happened in the last 10 years in the Real World.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Also how thin is their bench these days? they're sunk w/o harper - so many lightweights have come and fizzled over the years too, sometimes spectacularly

Even McKay has some stink on him from muddling through his recent portfolios - there's like nothing there underneath the man.

A hollow party run by a Think Tank ideologue.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
hey, lets just forget about them liberals

they turned the engine that ran the country into a have not province

we are below PEI now,....whoohoo!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hey rememember when the federal conservatives ruined the economy in 2008 and brought us a huge financial crisis?

It was all harper's fault

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
/\ I've met Laurie Watt and follow her on twitter I fucking love the Barrie Advance the owner is good people, the Examiner is one of the local Sun owned rags that are extremely partisan in local politics.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Liberals have done this too. It's a pretty standard practice for the political parties to do this shit to one another.

I really wish we could implement a series of laws that would prevent the horseshit like this that goes on with Parliament and during the ramping up to election season. And make the laws have serious teeth - the philosophy should be; you want to hold office, you're held to a much higher standard than anyone else and you take a hit harder than anyone else if you fuck up.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Liberals have done this too. It's a pretty standard practice for the political parties to do this shit to one another.

I really wish we could implement a series of laws that would prevent the horseshit like this that goes on with Parliament and during the ramping up to election season. And make the laws have serious teeth - the philosophy should be; you want to hold office, you're held to a much higher standard than anyone else and you take a hit harder than anyone else if you fuck up.
Word

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Obviously it's so he can get to the bottom of the Pamela Wallin thing.

Oh no wait, he reminded us yesterday that she's an independent.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories