1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Idiots (Omid,Desyn,Leon) on Groovetech Today!

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by smack, Aug 28, 2003.

1. smack

smack TRIBE Member

2. beatjunkie

beatjunkie TRIBE Member

No Doubt!! :eek:

3. LukeF

LukeF TRIBE Member

This show will be a taste of the sound of next year...they're going to be releasing an absolutely groundbreaking mix cd before the end of the 2003 and then they're going on a live PA tour with an act that dance music has never seen before...get ready!!!

4. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

Can I down load this? I'm at work right now...:confused:

5. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i'd really like to hear that ish.

6. record it record it record it record it

7. BarneyIllfingas

BarneyIllfingas TRIBE Member

Very interesting, this mix is even grabbing the attention of a couple who profess to not like House music. Should be wicked.

8. beatjunkie

beatjunkie TRIBE Member

Decent for the first hour......:)
    Dubby , pretty groovy.

Although with respect to the comment above, any live recordings I have of Desyn and Omid (Red Light Set it amazing!) are usually pretty progressive. We'll see what they get into a little later.....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  9. Snapple

Snapple TRIBE Member

This isn't live is it? Cause someone just made mention to a Danny Howells record 'coming out' on SexonWax with an Idiots remix and, well, I already have it. And funnily enough, I don't care for the Idiots remix but DH's version is sah-weet.

10. LukeF

LukeF TRIBE Member

It's live, and they're refering to a new Danny Howells record, not the one that you have.

11. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

i'm not listening, but is this what they're talking about?

"You should also be seeing a 12" single soon as well, entitled "Danny Howells presents Jamloops Vol 1: Spikes" on the Sexonwax label. It's an older track, a piano groove thing that I made for my first ever gig at Vinyl in NYC, and I've been playing it occasionally ever since. Omid, Desyn and Leon Roberts heard me play it at Space during WMC and wanted to sign it, so they did! There's a wicked Idiots re-edit on the flip that I've been caning recently. It's k-hole heaven!"

12. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

hi manda, called ya on the weekend!!!

13. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

when? are you back? welcome home :)

14. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

No there's another one coming out on Sex on Wax after Jamloops which Luke says is the best Danny Howells record yet.

15. smack

smack TRIBE Member

Did anyone listen? How was it?

It will be in the archives so I'm gonna check it out soon.

16. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

the new howells track destroys, & is probably one of the most beautiful pieces of work i have heard in a long time...it sounds almost autobiographical & i would love to know dannys emotions when he was creating that track...so beautiful yet so sad...it's going to be a classic & i'm sure if released/distributed will hit many compilations & mixes in the upcoming months...

unbelievable track & hopefully it gets dropped somewhere/sometime on sunday night ;)

jc

ps although i did hear another remix last weekend which has massive all over it...not sure if we'll get it played this sunday either, but it is relentless & will be a peaktime floorfiller...

17. record it record it record it record it

18. smack

smack TRIBE Member

Its Real Audio quality. Blah

19. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Speaking of Sen on Wax. Does anyone know anything about a Paul Hamill track being released on that label?