• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The I love my job/boss thread number 2394873987

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I show up 15-20 minutes late half the time...

Sometimes I get really drunk and show up half an hour late...

Most of the time I never get more than a "Good afternoon Will".

Sometimes I leave for lunch early...

Most of the time I leave work half an hour early...

It's just as well though, cuz I keep a squeaky clean image ;)

Sometimes we even drink at work (Everyone else does. Some people keep booze in their desks in case a random party breaks out).

The perks are unbeliveable too. On top of the benefits (dental & medical), we get tons of perks, movies, merchandise etc. etc.

Several of our suppliers give us perks to try and bribe us to continue doing business with them. The other day we got box seats to the Raptors game. Now, we're getting box seats to a Leaf's game.

I think I'll run out and get a 6-pack.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
holee fuck.. box seats to a leafs game.. now that is a big deal!

i love my job too...
doing what i love, being a part of something BIG.

4minute walk from home... and i can be as casual with my co-workers as i am with my friends....

surrounded by international talent.

learning every day.

oh yeah.. and every other friday, we get free beer and pizza. (today is one of those days)

sweet.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
I'm not allowed to talk about my job, salary, benefits, etc.. it seems to offend mingster :p

pr0nstar :D
Well, it's not like I make a lot of money or have a glamorous job, but it's decent.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I just hate getting emails all the time from my boss...

"I'll be out of the office for the afternoon, if you need me I'll have my Blackberry & Cell"

So tempting to just go home...

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
All the offices I take care of ... have Bay Network switches/routers...

Poor CISCO ;)

Baystacks are a POS. I work with Nortel too. :p

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
At one time i liked them better.
When it comes to pure L2 switching, a switch is a switch is a switch, but when it comes to invoking features like QoS, LAN security, etc...it sucks balzz. That's my technical evaluation. The one saving grace is split/distributed multilink trunking.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
When it comes to pure L2 switching, a switch is a switch is a switch, but when it comes to invoking features like QoS, LAN security, etc...it sucks balzz. That's my technical evaluation. The one saving grace is split/distributed multilink trunking.
totally and BayStack ain't cheap either

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
totally and BayStack ain't cheap either
They're actually pretty cheap compared to Cisco. Which is why our sales guys have a hardon for them - more margin.

Explains why pr0nstar uses em too. :p

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious

Several of our suppliers give us perks to try and bribe us to continue doing business with them. The other day we got box seats to the Raptors game. Now, we're getting box seats to a Leaf's game.

Yeah... my company owns a suite... 5 Rows from the Ice... 15 Rows from the Court... I would say I have been privileged enough to go about 5 times in 3 years...

We too have subs/suppliers who give us tickets... probably been to about 10 games that way... those tickets usually aren't as nice as the suite though...

We also drink every friday at 4... its comes from the beer fund which we never seem to have to contribute too :)

Plus there are tons of other free shit (I haven't had to buy a jacket in 3 years... the countless free rounds of golf... endless free lunches)

I love my job for that reason and many more... I was one of those people who thought it not possible to love what they do... but I proved myself wrong...

I just need to convince them to pay me more so I can get out of school debt...

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Sounds like a sweet gig. Good on you.

The perks are so nice when you get them. Makes everything else a little more bearable.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
They're actually pretty cheap compared to Cisco. Which is why our sales guys have a hardon for them - more margin.

Explains why pr0nstar uses em too. :p
haha

if you want all the bells and whistles port for port they're not that far apart

however we get the Cisco stuff @ a heavily discounted price

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders