• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The "I almost got in an accident" thread

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
I saw the streetcar stop in the middle of the road. I looked one way for traffic, and then I bolted for the stop. Unfortunately, the stop was not in the middle of the road but in the middle of the other lane. I didn't think I'd be crossing the other lane so I didn't look.

A truck coming on that lane screeched to a halt to avoid hitting me. The driver swore at me but he was allowed to that day.

Next....

Stop Bill C-10

Preroller

TRIBE Member
almost a daily occurrence. ppl dont seem to respect traffic lights, stop signs, the "2 chevron rule", or many other traffic laws.

The worst ive seen last few days was a black pickup with the dukes of hazard flags passing 2 bicycles, with 2 cars in front of them and I had to slam on the brakes and go into the ditch to avoid a collision. good times.

so I guess it wasnt the almost accident thread, the really had one! at least the bikes stopped to check if I was ok.

in spirit of thread, it seems like pretty much everyday on my country road drive to work, where i try to go 5 over the limit, either 85 or 65, someone will turn in front of me, with little room to spare, and no car in my rear view, I have to brake to a stop, so they can go 5 below the limit, and turn left at the next side road. reaaaal fuckin cool.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
a couple weeks ago, coming up to a stop light, that I know is a very short one, I had to let 3 cars go by the red light, so they could turn left into the tim hortons, and block the intersection, so I missed the green light, had to slam on the brakes, back up and missed the green light. good times!