• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The horizontal smear accross my screen. -= GEEKTHREAD =-

KiFe

TRIBE Member
(not what you're thinking)

All of a sudden my screen clicked and now everything onscreen has a smear in the horizontal.. especially the dark areas in the display (command prompt box is a good example of this)... it smears the dark areas out in either direction... it appears i was able to capture a screenshot of the effect:
screenshot.jpg



now that screencap gives me the impression that it's probably a graphics card issue, due to the fact that if it were monitor related, the smudging effect woulnt have been captured.

I've also tried using the degauss feature, but to no avail.

is a sign of the last living moments of my graphics card before it kicks the bucket?

thanks
mytag.gif
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
hmm it may be your monitor.. the grille may have shifted..
in anycase.. something in your hardware is fuct.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
hmm it may be your monitor.. the grille may have shifted..
in anycase.. something in your hardware is fuct.

yeah man... something's fucked.. thanks for your technical explination. :)P

man... now i have to find a new graphics card and/or monitor :(


WHON WHON!

:( :(

mytag.gif
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I'm sure you have an old vid card kicking about..

throw that in and see if it still happens..

if it still does then it's your monitor..

I'd bet it's your monitor cuz
A) You moved it recently and possibly caused damage to the grille.
B) Videocards don't really cause soft artifacts when they fuck up.. it's more digital garble when they are screwy. Soft articats are usually characteristic of faulty analog monitors.
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
I'm sure you have an old vid card kicking about..

throw that in and see if it still happens..

if it still does then it's your monitor..

I'd bet it's your monitor cuz
A) You moved it recently and possibly caused damage to the grille.
B) Videocards don't really cause soft artifacts when they fuck up.. it's more digital garble when they are screwy. Soft articats are usually characteristic of faulty analog monitors.

FUCK.... those are two good points.....

the monitor did get shoved around a tad during the move :(

*sigh* anyone got 19+inch monitor for sale?

mytag.gif
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
you moved out??

why werent there any kenny- style attention whore threads about this!?

p[l]a+0

because some of us dont live their lives on tribe :)

mytag.gif
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
it's weird tho... the blurred effect doesnt occur on dos booting screens or in MOH when im running the game. only in windows enviroments.

i havent changed my vidcard setting lately, so i dont think that's it...

what the dill'e'o?

mytag.gif
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
It's your monitor.
The effect is probably only occuring at certain resolutions, thats why it won't happen in DOS or Windows logo screens.
But at 1024x768 or whatever you run, you'll see it..
Dos runs 320x200 and the windows logo is some off the wall number in the 400's or something..

Easiest way to be 100% though is hook up another monitor and confirm, but chances are it is the monitor.
 

roo

TRIBE Member
are you in detroit?
anyways, i happen to know that the screen sometimes smears when someone is hacking your computer in such a way that they see everything that comes on your screen. so, that would include everything you say on icq.
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by roo
are you in detroit?
anyways, i happen to know that the screen sometimes smears when someone is hacking your computer in such a way that they see everything that comes on your screen. so, that would include everything you say on icq.

oh go find a dicree (or dixthree.. or 13 in french) will you? :p

mytag.gif
 
G

Guest

Guest
bwhahahahhah ^^^^

{disclaimer: roo, I think you're one of the cutest things on this board, but KiFe did make a funny, and he should know that}
 

roo

TRIBE Member
..thanks, tearer. but THAT CODE THAT KIFE THINKS IS DUMB got the CIA a new grant.

:)

seriously. it did.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top