• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Hipster Map

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I saw Richard Florida posting that last night but way too hip to actually read it.

My lurker friend who was reading Tribe this afternoon just messaged me. He said, "Whatever, go dance to Sasha, you geriatric jaded raver dads."

Oooooooh FACE, guy. FACE!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Except for Hamilton! A lot of young people are moving up there like how the artists and young settlers in NY moved to Williamsburg and now Park Slope. Creating yet another enclave.

In the last few years, a lot of chefs and artists are also moving a few hours north of Manhattan where there's this new hippie hipster artist foodie thing going on up there.

erika

TRIBE Member
Everyone writes periodically about all these people moving to Hamilton. As far as I can tell, it's the same 12 people who have moved there.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Since we're on the Hamilton topic, I always seem to snicker at people from there. We were once at a wine tasting seminar, when someone [from the Hamilton crowd] asked if "if the wine comes boxed".

Cool people moving there vs people who have never left Hamilton is not the same thing!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
That's an interesting thought actually. So who are the real hipsters? The thick glasses and cut off shorts from Toronto moving to Hamilton? Or the thick glasses and cut off shorts from Hamilton moving to Parkdale? Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Since we're on the Hamilton topic, I always seem to snicker at people from there. We were once at a wine tasting seminar, when someone [from the Hamilton crowd] asked if "if the wine comes boxed".

Cool people moving there vs people who have never left Hamilton is not the same thing!
so DID the wine come boxed? I'm dying to know.

c. <-(proud hamiltonian, sommelier and wine educator).
[snicker].

Snuffy

TRIBE Member

Embrace the box. It's better.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
/whoosh

totally missing the point
sorry, please enlighten me. i took it as "us 905 yokels ruin y'alls enjoyment by showing up at your big-city, fancy schmancy wine tasting events in our canadian tuxedos, with a large double-double from timmy's and ask stupid questions while secretly hope that the next wine we taste will be Baby Duck."

c.