• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Hills Have Eyes

finary

TRIBE Promoter
does anyone want to go with me?
my girlfriend is too wimpy. she hides her eyes every time the commerical comes on. :p

i love thrillers/horrors though!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Word.

The review in the Star is far from glowing. I don't care though, Horror films even when bad are still good so you can't go wrong.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
meh, Horrors are one genre in which I tend to totatly disregard what the reviews/critics say and I'll go by word of mouth on message boards / friends that have seen it / etc.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Word.

The review in the Star is far from glowing. I don't care though, Horror films even when bad are still good so you can't go wrong.

Now give it NNN.

Eye give it two but Jason Anderson wasn't exactly feeling High Tension, so his opinion doesn't matter.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
High Tension was 'meh'.

While I kinda enjoyed it at the time of watching it - the more I thought about it after, the more it bugged me and decided I didnt really like it.

However, I did enjoy House of Nine - the start is a bit slow, and the 3 musical montages are almost comical, once the death starts happening it gets kinda good, and in the end I think the pay off is worth the sluggish and not so great start.

Wolf Creek was good - I actually really got into it, and didnt find the start of it to be too slow at all, I kinda enjoyed the build up.
Hostel was Ok - but I actually expected it to have alot more gore than it did. People had built up so much hype on the gore factor, it seemed to be lacking.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
rentboy said:
Eye give it two but Jason Anderson

Always do the opposite of what he says.

Just saw this today and I thought it was fucking crazy! I think in my age I'm losing my taste for movies like this but I still really liked this one. Crazy fucked up characters, and protagonists that aren't boring lamb that you want to see get slaughtered. And the turn out wasn't what I thought and I ended up enjoying the gore. hahaha it was fucked but I liked it.

Last edited:

emiwee

TRIBE Member
finary said:
does anyone want to go with me?
my girlfriend is too wimpy. she hides her eyes every time the commerical comes on. :p

i love thrillers/horrors though!

kevin! i totally want to go. joel's too wimpy to go to horror movies too. :)

derek

TRIBE Member
meh...it won't have anything on the original, which is one of my most fav horror flicks of all time.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Word.

yeah same with NOW...too much mention of the dissent from the original film but who wants to see a carbon copy anyway...whatever, doesn't make me want to see it any less

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
It was pretty good, not great. I have a feeling this things was edited to hell, especially the main attack on the trailer....