• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Happy Happy Joy Joy Mutek 06 Drama-Free Thread

kaniz

TRIBE Member
So far, the 1st wave of people that they have announced for Mutek06/Montreal are.

Quote:
ALEX UNDER — Spain
AUDIO WERNER — Germany
DANDY JACK — Chile
DIMBIMAN — Germany
GUIDO SCHNEIDER — Germany
JACKSON AND HIS COMPUTER BAND — France
JAN JELINEK — Germany
HENRIK SCHWARTZ — Germany
MARC LECLAIR (AKUFEN) — Canada
MODESELEKTOR — Germany
NOZE — France
PIERRE BASTIEN — France
RYOICHI KUROKAWA — Japan
SKOLTZ_KOLGEN — Canada
SONJA MOONEAR — Switzerland
STEPHEN BEAUPRÉ — Canada
TBA — Georgia
THOMAS BRINKMANN — Germany
+ many more to come

Must say - not many names I recgonize on that list, but thats not nessicarly a bad thing - still very curious in trying to haul ass up there for it this year. Curious to see who else will be added to the lineup.

If your name is musork, please refer to this thread.

If your post involves musork vs OhNo, please refer to this thread.

If you wish to share the love, hype, and anticipation of minimal music in Montreal, stay on here.

*lights the fire to make you all warm and cozy*
---

The other night, went on a mutek-downloading spree to hear some stuff by the people announced that I havnt heard of, and must say - sounds pretty interesting and my excitment level has gone up by 1 or 2 :)

ian

TRIBE Member
<pokes head in, breathes sigh of relief>

Not sure if I will go this year or not.

Out of these folks who would you Mutek loving freaks suggest I check out? I'm not familiar with them (always one of the nice things about Mutek).

ALEX UNDER — Spain
AUDIO WERNER — Germany
JAN JELINEK — Germany
PIERRE BASTIEN — France

ktown

TRIBE Member
i'm pumped up for dimbiman, akufen, and brinkman is stellar too. so is montreal and everything about the festival. i'll defini be there... again

:D

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
ian said:
JAN JELINEK — Germany
Dude!

Jelinek recorded as Farben on Klang, all those lovely ep's circa 99-2001 were him. He also released an incredible album under the alias Gramm on Source (entitled Personal Rock) that sits quite nicely alongside Mauruzio's work. His albums on ~scape have absolutely been pushing the envelope and are getting increasingly ahead of the curve in the mnml game, his sound design is really advanced. His early albums were working with and through a huge jazz and soul sample library that he took apart and reassembled into something completely new, he recently tackled the whole krautrock game. He's a digger just like DJ Shadow.

He's essential.. without a doubt amongst the vanguard of minimal electronic musicians today. I'd recommend his Source album, his Klang compilation (entitled Textstar), and La Nouvelle Pauvreté and Kosmischer Pitch. Jelinek is the Barry White of Glitch. His shit is deep!

,g

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I would love to hear Alex Under. There is so much good shit going on around this time and none of it is looking feasible :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

musork

TRIBE Member
ian said:
<pokes head in, breathes sigh of relief>

Not sure if I will go this year or not.

Out of these folks who would you Mutek loving freaks suggest I check out? I'm not familiar with them (always one of the nice things about Mutek).

ALEX UNDER — Spain
AUDIO WERNER — Germany
JAN JELINEK — Germany
PIERRE BASTIEN — France

I would check out JAN JELINEK
Im sure you know or heard of FARBEN its the same person.
just his real name...

praktik

TRIBE Member
Alex Under - this guy has been growing one me, I expect I would enjoy his live a lot more than his releases - which are solid dont get me wrong, but out of his rather large recent output his gems come between a lot of "filler'....

pretty good filler mind you.. . Multipliciones 2 has a GREAT B-side though... and Los Bicycletas Son Vera El Parano Remix on his album is pretty damn awesome...

Audio Werner - I'd love to see this act. Latest release on Ware is pretty good and subtle... Pretty solid talent that isnt all full-volume, scrotum-shrinking techno but rather a little more detailed, minimal scrotum-tingling techno..;) At least to my sa- I mean eyes..:)

praktik

TRIBE Member
and of course, dont really to need to say much about Guido Schnieder other than if I see him, I'd consider wearing some protection just in case I lose control of my bladder!

ktown

TRIBE Member
Tickets on sale April 10th ! :)

Where is everyone staying ??? The little place we usually stayed at turned into a whorehouse in the last year, and we need to relocate (It was bought out by some thugs or something... all around wierd situation last June)

Acidman

TRIBE Member
I recommend Henrik Schwartz to anybody who wants to have a nice psychedelic
trip.

He doesn't play all these big minimal records that everybody else plays...His sound is deep with vocals and very trippy. something very different .

ktown

TRIBE Member
Acidman said:
I recommend Henrik Schwartz to anybody who wants to have a nice psychedelic trip.

He doesn't play all these big minimal records that everybody else plays...His sound is deep with vocals and very trippy. something very different .
Thanks for the heads up :) Good to know !!!

zoo

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:

JACKSON AND HIS COMPUTER BAND — France
JAN JELINEK — Germany
MODESELEKTOR — Germany
THOMAS BRINKMANN — Germany
i would definately make a point to catch all of these dudes

erk

TRIBE Member
I seem to recall Patti Schmidt played/s Jan Jelinek a lot on her show Brave New Waves. Pretty nice stuff. Probably plays some recorded sets from the fest at some point. Check her site for details.

ian

TRIBE Member
gsnuff said:
Dude!

Jelinek recorded as Farben on Klang, all those lovely ep's circa 99-2001 were him.
,g
Ah Farben, thanks!

You know, I never really "clicked" with Farben (no pun intended), his stuff always left me wanting something more.

I am really liking the idea of seeing Guido Schnieder. . . I've been off Mutek for a year or two, perhaps it is time to think about a return!

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
ian said:
Ah Farben, thanks!

You know, I never really "clicked" with Farben (no pun intended), his stuff always left me wanting something more.
Well, I wouldn't judge him by that material alone, his sound has definitely headed off in a different direction over the last 3-4 years.

,g