• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The HAIR Thread!

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
I've been there a few times - loved it, but was looking for someone in the east-end. I've since gone back to my pixie cut tho, so the curls, and my pigtails :( are long gone.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Lisa, I go to Dana at Fuss in Leslieville.

With tip, its 76$. I think everyone in the salon is pretty good though. Can't speak to whether she's good with curly though. If you do go to Dana, tell her I sent you.

:)sarah

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Mine only seems to be curly when it's long(er), so now that it's short, I just go to my old stylist. He didn't cut it well for curly hair, but he's my short hair go-to.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
What's the protocol if you get a haircut that you don't like? I brought a pic of what i wanted and a week later it's still not settling in like it should. Is it too late to go back and have them try to fix it? I don't want the same person i had either.

I can live with it, I guess. I'd rather not though. It's not like i went to supercuts, i went to Civello...so even though it was a junior stylist, i still put down $60 for a haircut that i really don't like.

I have no idea what you're supposed to do in this kind of situation.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
I've always been the type to grab a pair of scissors and fix it myself, but if you've got the ovaries for it, I'd call them up and ask to speak to the manager: "I got a cut <X amount of time> ago with <name if you remember> (or just say one of your junior stylists). I thought I would give it some time to see if it grew in properly, but I really just hate it and would like another stylist to fix it."

And see what they say. Find out before you get off the phone whether or not they expect you to pay for the fix. If I were a salon owner, my reputation would be important and I wouldn't charge for a quick fix that might take me 15 minutes. Depends on how bad the cut is.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I can't believe how soft and shiny my hair has been after using this product. I got it on sale at Shoppers and i absolutely love it!