• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Guv on a regular night

Karim

TRIBE Member
So I have some friends flying in from overseas, and they've heard all about the Guvernment. They really wanna go but they won't be here for too long. They wanna go this saturday.

So I log onto the guv website looking up the events with a hope that maybe, just maybe somebody worth seeing will be spinning. Sadly, there are no events listed for that night. Friday at the Kool Haus is good, but Friday's no good for the guests. Sunday is an all ages dance party but I'd rather wax my pubes then go to an all ages event. So I guess this saturday I'm going to the Guv. So, I need to ask, what can I expect, will there be any other rooms open for other styles of music?

Thanks

:)
Karim

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Yo dude,

Just go to Charlie's. They will have breaks there and from that room you can go into the Guv. But you won't wanna leave Charlie's that night (Old School Breaks night). I'm thinking about hitting Charlies this Sat.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
regardless of wether or not it's a regular night it will still be packed.
House in the drink... I think manzone & Strong play up there... they rip it htough.... not sure about the deluxe lounge... charlies is Breaks with Pure Phunk... and the Orange room is hip hop.

There's also the Option of Boa Redux... Sander K is there Sat... 8 hour set from 4am-noon

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
Yo dude,

Just go to Charlie's. They will have breaks there and from that room you can go into the Guv. But you won't wanna leave Charlie's that night (Old School Breaks night). I'm thinking about hitting Charlies this Sat.
Hey are you going to Charlies?
You should go to Charlies.

wear your Bloodstones;)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Are you going to Charlie's? I don't have Bloodstones...it's gonna be awhile before I get those. Besides..when breaks are playing...I need my sneaks.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Boa Redux eh? INFO PLEASE

But damn, I love the breaks. I'm tempted to go to the Guv just so I can get a breaks fix.

I might end up liking the guv on a regular night.

Karim

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Are you going to Charlie's? I don't have Bloodstones...it's gonna be awhile before I get those. Besides..when breaks are playing...I need my sneaks.
No charlies for me....wait...this sat?! hmmm yeah i work.
Blundstones are the shizzle.
Bloodstones are......*what the hell are those*

p.s: where are my damn eggs and coffee?

Karim

TRIBE Member
So does anyone have a link for this Boa Redux club? I read about it in the "Guvernment shutting down" thread, but I didn't think it was opening so soon.

Thanks

Karim

Karim

TRIBE Member
Indeed I am. Actually really good friends with his girlfriend, but I got a chance to party with him a few times. Wicked guy.

Karim

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yo dude,

^^^your best IMO^^^

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Chubbs
Ben. I thought I had you converted. But it appears you are a lost cause.

Hang you head low in shame.
how is it going?

just getting up here. how is 'sisco?

find any more "nice" dealers?

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
friday is urban

saturdays.. home away from home :^)

saturday lineup

Guvernment (main room) - Progressive/House n' trance in yo pants

Acid Lounge - Groovy House

The Drink - House

D'Luxe Lounge - Commercial House/Top 40

Orange Room - R&B and Hip Hop

Charlies & Tanja - Breaks/Beats starting November 15, 2003

10pm - 6am
Guvernment
$10 before 12am / $15 after
19+

From dusk till dawn, Guvernment (one of the 7 wonders of the Entertainment World) opens it's door to the infamous vinyl spinning DJ MARK OLIVER www.markoliver.ca and 3,500 of his closest friends. Experience expressive beats and hard-hitting rhythms of House and Progressive as a sea of bodies dance around you on the main room dance floor. With the best in sound, lighting and full colour lasers, Spin Saturday's make the Guvernment the best place to be and the hottest club in the country!
Vibe a different vibe and take a trip into the Acid Lounge located off Guvernment's main room. Ride the waves of an eclectic blend of groovy soulful beat driven music with DJ GEORGE WILLIAM in this intimate bar / lounge.

Hosted by Kevin H., Patrick O'Day and the Tune Posse
Artistic Direction: Chris Schroer
Main Door Style Code: No ripped jeans or athletic wear.

MARK OLIVER'S WEBSITE www.markoliver.ca MARK'S CHART

Guvernment Fan Clubs: www.guvcrew.com www.luvtheguv.com

Red Light District Party Photos - Sat. Feb 15, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12am - 4am
Enter through Guvernment main room
19+

Various orange hues and a funkadelic ambiance envelop the unique vibe of the Orange Room. One of Toronto's hottest DJ's DJ ARISTOTLE www.djaristotle.com, spins the best in New & Old School, R&B and Hip Hop every Saturday. This funkadelic room is one of the many moods within Guvernment's eclectic personality and is reputed for keeping the party hot into the early hours of the morning.

Hosted by: Justin & J.P.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10pm - 4am
$15
21+

Take a sip of The Drink, a second level lounge, and step "In Scene". Spin Saturday continues with the tastes of residents MANZONE AND STRONG www.manzoneandstrong.com, as they turn up the heat. Hosts Adnan, Patrick O'Day, along with our TorontoNightclub.com affiliate Brian N., stir up a House and Progressive House party cocktail like no other. This newly renovated room features some of the most luxurious decorating in the whole complex with erotic poetry enveloping the room and plush enclaves, complete with fur pillows.

Strict Style Code in Effect: Dress to impress or go to the main door;
and seriously folks, don't show up in your rehashed trash. No wannabe's.
Serious VIP's ONLY. Thank you.

Entrance north of Guvernment main door
10pm - 4am
$15
23+

La crème de la crème; D'Luxe Lounge is all about stylish hijinks and nocturnal amusements. Saturdays at Guvernment is the place to be, and super VIP’s have it all within this exclusive posh lounge. From movie stars, sports celebs and night club elite, D'Luxe Lounge is the place to be seen - so be on the look out for the ever looming camera flash. Kick back and groove within this glass-enclosed lounge, which over looks the chaos and madness of the main room, while enjoying the sexy sounds emanating from the funkiest DJ booth in the venue. D'Luxe Lounge patrons have full access to the entire venue and are able to experience the different vibes and sounds of each room.

To obtain access to the this very exclusive space, a reservation is a must, along side the right 'look', VIP attitude and schmooze-ability - call the club(416-869-0045) or e-mail clubevents@theguvernment.com

10pm - 4am
Enter through the Guvernment main entrance
$10 before midnight / $15 after
19+

The Saturday night that the city has been waiting for! Come get your groove on to the best in today's Breaks and Beats in one of the most luxurious venues this city has to offer - Charlies - an upscale, art-deco style lounge. This weekly party is the perfect combination of style and funk. Focus does it right every time.

Residents:
D-Monic (Pure Phunk),
Dave Saddler (Pure Phunk, Breakfest),
Angus Robinson (Release Rec)
Rotating Residents:
FunkNstyle, Kick, Tasc
and Red Turtle

Karim

TRIBE Member
Dah, the Boa Redux website's got alot of bugs, and everything is coming soon.

On the Guv Fan Sites, anybody sign up for the guestlist and have any problems at the door? Does the guestlist equate free cover for me and my guests?

Thanks

Karim

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
On the Guv Fan Sites, anybody sign up for the guestlist and have any problems at the door? Does the guestlist equate free cover for me and my guests?
If you'd empty your PM box, I'd be able to help you out...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders