• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Grizzly Man

justhouse

TRIBE Member
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Has anyone seen this documentary. Its about a guy Timothy Treadwell living in the wild with brown bears in the Alaskan Penninsula who ends up getting mauled with his girlfriend who was also there. He's filming them as well without any protection, by himself. These are possibly the worlds biggest bears. This guy is a complete nut, really disturbing film in my opinion but the footage was spectacular and I didn't like how the filmmaler Werner Herzoz portrayed Timothy Treadwell somewhat as a hero. If you haven't seen this, check it out. I actually first heard about this guy winter 04 when I was in Kodiak, Alaska. It happened just a little before that.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Timeline,

And I still believe it was the worst piece of shit of an excuse of a documentary ever.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
I saw this in the theatre. I thought it was pretty weird. The creepiest "character" by far was the medical examiner... did you catch the scene when he's talking about people dying, then the camera pans down at his clenched fist which is shaking? Creepy. Nut.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

justhouse

TRIBE Member
yeah that guy was weird. It was odd though how everyone was really weird. I felt sorry for the the girl he brought along, you know just know she was scared shit. I think the only normal character was that guy who said the only reason he survived for so long was that the bears thought he was mentally retarded, that was pretty funny.

justhouse

TRIBE Member
it was obvious he was gay and was having closet issues, but the fact that he kept saying he's protecting the bears, what the hells he talking about, they ended killing one bear, I think two because of him.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dr. claw

Werner Herzog is more than entitled to act like a know it all. He is the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost, Notre Dame, Francis of Assisi- an enigma wrapped in a soft taco shell folded into one of those furry blankets they sell at Sears.