1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Great MP3 Search

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by seeker, Aug 22, 2003.

1. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

So I have undertaken a project to entertain me in the long sleepless hours brought on by allergic reaction to summer flora...

I'm trying to find mp3s of all the tracks in my favourite techno mix, the Jim Masters Essential Mix from 1999. I've mentioned this one on here a few times, it's a great mix chock full of classic techno. I've been on SoulSeek for a while, but now I'm turning to you folks for help.

Here's the tracklisting of the mix, the ones in bold are the tracks I have so far, and the ones in italics produced no search results in SoulSeek...

* I have remixes of these, but I'm looking for the originals.

So, if anyone has mp3s of these, I'd be willing to trade some of the other stuff I've got for them. Most of what I have is full sets of stuff -- radio shows, live broadcasts, mixed sets posted to sites, etc etc -- but I'd really like to hear these tracks by themselves w/o having them all glued together. Chalk it up to perspective or perhaps just blatantly awful trainspotting. :)

Anyway, if anybody knows where I can find some of these, I'd love to hear about it.

2. Yourmamas

Yourmamas TRIBE Member

If you wanted the vinyl, and not the MP3's I could help. I have a bunch of those.

Of course, I could rip them I suppose.

3. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Oh, I'm interested in vinyl, too. :)

My goal here is to hear these songs unmixed, nothing more. Of course, if that leads me to want to buy them, well... ;)

fire me a PM with what you're willing to part with and your asking price and we'll have a chat.

Cheers!

4. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Beltram - "Energy Flash" (Transmat)
    Kraftwerk - "Tour De France" (white label)
    DJ Deeon - "House O Matic" (Dancemania)
    D B X - "Losing Control" (Peacefrog) *
    Domina - "Domina" (white label) *
    New Order - "Blue Monday" (Factory)
    Dave Clarke - "Red 1" (Bush)
    Adam Beyer & Lenk - "Drumcode 1" (white label)
    Joey Beltram - "Forklift" (Novamute)
    Jeff Mills - "Step To Enchantment" (Axis)
    Lil Louis - "Blackout" (Ffrr)
    Robert Hood - "Moveable Parts" (M Plant)
    Suburban Knight - "The Stalker (Edit)" (Transmat) *
    Surgeon - "Magneze" (Downwards)
    The Advent - "Bad Boy" (Internal)
    Red Planet - "Star Dancer" (Red Planet)
    Basic Channel - "Phylyps Trak I" (Basic Channel)

of the ones that aren't bold or asterix'd I have these on vinyl...since I'm bored pick 5 and I'll record em for you

5. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Cheers! :)

6. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Actually, I have Blue Monday on vinyl... sorry, my brain's been in low gear for about 30 yrs now.

7. erk

erk TRIBE Member

That DJ Funk Song. Look for:
    DJ Funk "Pump It" Cosmic Records (COS006). It's off the EP called Club Tracks DJ Funk #1.

8. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

ha I was diggin last night and I foudn out I have that dj funk as well...kinda funny I bought it for the knock knock track and forgot to listen to the rest of the record that must have been 2 years ago now

im bad for that.

9. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Thanks for the 411.

10. erk

erk TRIBE Member

Could swear I see these in Play de Record from time to time:

"Domina" M
    Jeff Mils "Step to Enchantment" Axis
    Dave Clarke "Red 1" Bush
    "Phylyps Track 1" Basic Channel
    E-Dancer "Pump The Move" KMS
    Adam Beyer & Lenk "Drumcode #1" Primate

Is the Song by DX called "Housenight"? There are 2 tracks on the A side "House Night" and "Red Shift". Perhaps they got a little mixed up. If this is it look for:
    DX "House Night" Reflection Music (FLECT UK 2501) 1995

11. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

screw the vinyl, though I'd love to have it...

GIMME THAT SET ON MP3!!!!

so much techno goodness

12. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

I'll upload the set to The Watcher's FTP tonight. :)

Good to see you again last night, Dave. Err... Paul. ;) j/k