• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Great Boot-Hunt

dr. claw

I take great offense at that fiendish "uglychicksinhotboots" tag (in all likelihood created by some spineless, miserable cur). I'll have you know I've taken great pains over the years to only buy and wear ugly boots.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Jesux, there is a shoe repair at College Park upstairs. I've had him fix boots before and he did a good job. I have the opposite problem then you (muscular calves from biking so much, but with skinny ankles) so I can't vouch for the alteration but I was happy with the other work he did.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i finally settled on a pair of black fall boots. i am not head over heels in love with them, but i think they will do the trick.
everything else i found was either too embellished, too high of a heel, or too expensive.

AAAADIx-tGQAAAAAAFnSTA.jpg

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
I was in Chicago last weekend and Macy's was having a HUGE sale.

Spend $300, get $100 off (!!). I also signed up for a Macy's card and got an addl 15% off.

For $170 I got both pairs:

So CUTE!
PG.NWZELMAN.BKGYBLE.PD.jpg

and I think these are the other pair, although mine look more distressed...
PG.NWTAKEDOWN.DBROWLE.PE.jpg

What I really wanted was a pair of Frye's, specifically these
19200914264385777686SMK_zoom.jpg

But they were $400 and no sale.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

peko

TRIBE Member
i finally settled on a pair of black fall boots. i am not head over heels in love with them, but i think they will do the trick.
everything else i found was either too embellished, too high of a heel, or too expensive.

AAAADIx-tGQAAAAAAFnSTA.jpg

cute, i had a pair of hush puppies in that style a couple of years ago. mine had a wedge heel.

the Doctor: I LOVE the riding style boot you bought at macy's.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know where you can get leather repaired or if it's possible?

I bought a great pair of black boots last year and in a drunken haze kicked something sharp and made a rip in the toe. I am hoping this can be fixed.

Anyone know where I can get this done?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know where you can get leather repaired or if it's possible?

I bought a great pair of black boots last year and in a drunken haze kicked something sharp and made a rip in the toe. I am hoping this can be fixed.

Anyone know where I can get this done?

A Guy In A Store That Fixes Leather-Sandalman.com
Address : 1181 Davenport Rd Toronto, ON , M6H2G6

i plan to take my boots here to see if i can get them taken in! i'll report back and let you know what's up.

it's at davenport and oakwood - just down the street from me.

:)

ila

TRIBE Member
picked these up a week or two ago. not sure how warm they're going to be, but they're totally comfortable to walk in.

677186_fpx.tif

Bean

TRIBE Member
A Guy In A Store That Fixes Leather-Sandalman.com
Address : 1181 Davenport Rd Toronto, ON , M6H2G6

i plan to take my boots here to see if i can get them taken in! i'll report back and let you know what's up.

it's at davenport and oakwood - just down the street from me.

:)

That's my recommendation too!

madnezz

TRIBE Member
so my kenneth cole boots arrived today.

they're too big around the calf.

*deflates*

i have two options:

1) can someone tell me where i can get them taken in, and cheaply? my "$55 boots" have now cost me close to a bill already, after exchange, shipping and taxes. balls.

2) if someone wants to buy them, let me know.

they're this style, in black:

aside from the calf issue, they're perfect. :(

So tempted to post that bitstrips comic again!! ;)

sk8

TRIBE Member
I saw a really cute pair in canadian living (i was at my in-laws over the weekend, LOL - cottage reading!) that were billed as joe fresh for $39.99!! They were brown, high (like to just below the knee) riding-style boots with buckles. I haven't seen them in stores here or on their website.

this is actually in my price range. anyone seen them?

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
I saw a really cute pair in canadian living (i was at my in-laws over the weekend, LOL - cottage reading!) that were billed as joe fresh for $39.99!! They were brown, high (like to just below the knee) riding-style boots with buckles. I haven't seen them in stores here or on their website.

this is actually in my price range. anyone seen them?

Am quite sure I saw them at the Weston & 401 Superstore. I was there on Sunday. That said, they could be gone today and never to come back --to that location. But miraculously could then be at the Queens Quay store in a month. It's a ridiculous crapshoot with that line. You could call if it's quite out of your way.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Am quite sure I saw them at the Weston & 401 Superstore. I was there on Sunday. That said, they could be gone today and never to come back --to that location. But miraculously could then be at the Queens Quay store in a month. It's a ridiculous crapshoot with that line. You could call if it's quite out of your way.

thanks! i'm actually going to drive by there this weekend.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
So tempted to post that bitstrips comic again!! ;)

yeah, yeah. :p

if i've learned one thing in my first year economics class, it's that i love love love the concept of consumer surplus, and the high that ensues. ;)

still, that doesn't change the fact that these stupid boots that i originally thought were a steal will now end up costing four times the price!

:mad:

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
i went to the mall last night to grab some diapers and other baby stuff, so i went boot shopping.

i got these for going out, etc.
damn flash

and i got these for back and forth to work, walking the dags... their canadian made like la canadienne but without the price point
but in black