• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Gran Turismo 5 Thread of Awesomeness

atomic

TRIBE Member
OK, this bad boy needs a thread of its own. Anyone else have a pre-order, or planning on picking up? I went with the Collector's Edition and can't wait for next week.

I have to admit, I've been frustrated with the unforgiving driving mechanics of this series, but they've thrown so much into this release it's ridiculous. Really looking forward to kart racing and NASCAR. Plus, this is sure to be the peak of technical perfection on the PS3. So stoked!

And now for a message from The VP of Add More Awesome:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rawd

TRIBE Member
They called me tonight to say it's available 9am tomorrow. Also 2 unlockable cars with the pre-order. I CANT BELIEVE ITS FINALLY HERE. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

McLaren F1 Stealth Model - Custom tuned for improved performance, including weight reduction, and increased power. Also features custom carbon fiber “Stealth” paint scheme with Gran Turismo racing logos.

GameStop NASCAR Car with Gran Turismo design - Joey Logano's #20 Nationwide NASCAR featuring Gran Turismo 5 racing logos.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Is that the best troll attempt you can muster?
personally id say the GT games have always had better graphics compared to forza. But that's it. The actual gameplay and physics department have always favored forza.... which in the end, is what really matters when it comes to games that claim they are a 'sim'

all a moot point anyways, the most realistic driving sims have always been on the pc.

my 2 cents worth.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

rawd

TRIBE Member
For sure

[YOUTUBE]v/ZRE9PlJesn8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v/8BwazrU6dJM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v/2nzECPEm3P4[/YOUTUBE]

atomic

TRIBE Member
personally id say the GT games have always had better graphics compared to forza. But that's it. The actual gameplay and physics department have always favored forza.... which in the end, is what really matters when it comes to games that claim they are a 'sim'

all a moot point anyways, the most realistic driving sims have always been on the pc.

my 2 cents worth.

Well you did say Forza "looks" better.

With all the development gone into this baby, I'm sure it's not just in the graphics department. We'll see.

atomic

TRIBE Member
Nice! I got mine a few hours ago and gave it a quick spin.

Optional partial hard drive install requires 8 gigs, and took about 30 minutes.

Been going through the basic licensing in order to learn how to properly drive! Just unlocked the Jeff Gordon NASCAR school at level 2.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Anyone going to get a wheel for this game. I suck at driving games so I will be taking a pass with this game.

rawd

TRIBE Member
Might grab the wheel but I'm usually ok with using the stick for driving games. I'm not THAT hardcore. Gonna do the max install when I get home. This way I'm ready to go when the little guy hits the hay tonite

Typical EB they didn't have the bonus codes in yet (2pm) so I'm eagerly anticipating the painful phone call later tonight so they can read out the pre-order codes over the phone to me.

rawd

TRIBE Member
Speechless. Goodbye sleep

Spent 3 hours alone just messing around with settings and earning gold in my license training

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
So would you recommend this game for someone who normally isn't into driving sims but likes games such as Burnout Paradise/Need For Speed?

rawd

TRIBE Member
Nah i'd stick to those games and look forward to Motorstorm 3. I'd give it a rent

People are going crazy for the go-kart mode. I've earned 1 NASCAR and 1 gokart so far in the license mode but have yet to try them. The "game" is freaking huge

zedtech

TRIBE Member
Got my EB/GameStop presale DLC codes yesterday aft. The Erin Mills location didn't get their shipment of codes until 2pm according to one of the employees there.

rawd

TRIBE Member
Any of you guys have the GNX for trade. I want it, and I want to do this with it. Really really bad

[YOUTUBE]Z6AJ9UK-GVY[/YOUTUBE]

Lurker

TRIBE Member
People are going crazy for the go-kart mode.
Karting is awesome!!! I'm stuck at the last expert mission around autumn ring mini though. You start from the back and the track is super lumpy and it's hard to stay smooth (only using the controller and not a wheel :()

The game is awesome though the ongoing amount of used car variety is kind of a letdown. Gotta buy the cool shit when it appears!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories