• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the GO Transit phenomena

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
you'd think that an enterprise/service, whatever would increase its efficiency with more money

the GO Transit system, however, is unique in that the shittiness of its service increases exponentially with each price hike

blessed public transportation :mad:

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
They're probably diverting most of their resources to the "production" of Train 48. :D

adam

p.s. we have the exact same number of posts. MIND BLOWING!!

Alita

TRIBE Member
Whats so shitty about the GO train? Every time i have taken it (not anytime recently - or often) it's been quite nice. Big seats, non crazy people....yada yah

starr

TRIBE Member
one every hour

that's what's so shitty

I love just getting into the station on a go bus and watching the train pull away - happens all the time. When I complained I found out there is only ONE connecting go bus to the train. All the other buses that pull in to the station *should* catch the train ontime, but there is no guarantee.

Two hours to get downtown from Oshawa. Two hours of my life I'll never get back, sigh.

edit: That's two hours if I catch the connecting train. When I miss the train, it goes up to three hours. Go Transit sucks ASS.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chicku
Whats so shitty about the GO train? Every time i have taken it (not anytime recently - or often) it's been quite nice. Big seats, non crazy people....yada yah
in past few months I've had to endure cancelled or delayed train at least a few times a week

every day for past week and half my train has been either cancelled, or delayed anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour- sometimes both trips

its just weird b/c years ago (when prices where lower) a delayed or cancelled train was a rarity (at least for me)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i'd been taking the GO train for a good 6-7 years straight...from Oshawa to Pickering to Toronto.

I rarely ever had any of these problems u people are talking about.

The trains are also more frequent during rush hour periods...and the prices are fair enough...i mean, $6.90 from T.O. to Oshawa is good.

and they're always well ventilated, clean, and i usually had no issues with getting a seat....

stop complaining.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I lived on the Go train for years, either going lakeshore and getting on at Port credit, or doing the Milton line and gettin on at Dixie. It was crowded because of rush hours, but delays were few and far between.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I use to take the Go train from Oshawa to Toronto all the time too, not so much now though.

I've never had a big problem with them at all either.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
???

I take the GO to school every day. Aside from it being late during cold weather and snow, it's pretty good.
It's punctuality is commendable, especially when i'm 30seconds away and late.

My only problem with GO is that they need to run better times. Like ... every hour. 9:30, 10:30, 11:30
None of this 9:20, 9:55, 10:55, 12:10 crap.

[The Tesseract]

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I used to take the Go from Pickering to Toronto twice a day because I went to school at Geroge Brown.

I remmeber one time someone killed themselves on the tracks at Danforth.

so the train before mine never ran and when i went on the train we basically had 2 full loads of ppl on one train. I managed to get a seat.. but it was rush hour also.

"Due to the accident at Danforth the train is going back to the station so ppl who have to get off at Danforth can take the subway"

that was insane.

and some parts of Train 48 doesn't look like the go train, it just looks werid.
That show is retarded anyway, not that i've watched it but the commericials dont make me want to watch it.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by starr
one every hour

that's what's so shitty

I love just getting into the station on a go bus and watching the train pull away - happens all the time. When I complained I found out there is only ONE connecting go bus to the train. All the other buses that pull in to the station *should* catch the train ontime, but there is no guarantee.

Two hours to get downtown from Oshawa. Two hours of my life I'll never get back, sigh.

edit: That's two hours if I catch the connecting train. When I miss the train, it goes up to three hours. Go Transit sucks ASS.
I commute to and from every day pretty much.... pick the phone up Michele and call me, i would have no problem chauffeuring
yah! :)

s
d:)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
stop complaining.
If no one complains then GO Transit will never be able to fix their numerous problems. Complaining is the only way you have of letting a company know what is wrong.

For the numerous ride offers, THANKS! :)
I will definitely be taking some of you up on them soon.

GO Transit recently apologized for the number of delays this January.
Around 556, up from 380. They say it's the weather, but I don't really care.

We already have 2 cars in my family and my parents offered to buy me my own car, but I declined. The hippie that I am, I said "I'll just take the train." I also took the train before, years ago and it was fine. But when it's your main source of transportation it SUCKS. And apparently as fees go up, service gets worse - a phenomenon that also effects the TTC.

I take the car on the weekends now, because I can't deal with the crap that is GO Transit. During the week I still take the train, but hopefully I'll stop doing that soon.

I have also told my parents that I do want a car, because I just can't deal with it anymore. But I probably won't be getting it for at least a year since I asked for a Prius - the environmentalist in me never gives up.

GO Transit and the TTC need to get their act together fast. I know they need more funding and they should get that too (at least the TTC should). But the service they offer is horrible, and when people like me start looking at buying cars they should know they are in trouble. Sure I'll be stuck in traffic a lot of the time, but I'll still get where I'm going faster and don't have to deal with the weirdos that transit attracts.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
The one thing that's bullshit about the Go Transit, is the Square One Express bus.

It runs from York, every fucking 5minutes, and they generally pick up about 5-10people or so.
A bus that holds 50 people... they can run it every 15min and it would still be good service.

Meanwhile, Markham and Hamilton get hourly service, with Scarghetto Town/Pickering getting 45min service.