• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the globe and mail's 50 best employers in canada

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Yeah I would say working for any level of government is pretty sweet.

My brother works at Flight Center. Every one of their offices throws its own party night once a month. They booze up each and every employee for free on those nights.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Big surprise...no telecom listed at all. :D

Edit: Whoa...I'm moving to wherever Sasktel is based out of.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I should take up smoking ... I would hate to see all of those sweet tobacco company jobs being lost.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
year after year the Flight Centre is at the top

i need to check them out

They did a presentation for the SDS group I work for. I couldn't believe some of the things they were saying. "You know, if I want to go out and do ecstasy all night and come into work the next morning, it's going to effect my job performance." The dude's manager was right there and the attitude was "do all the E you want, just make sure it doesn't effect your job performance."

It was hard not to laugh out loud. These guys were telling crazy stories about their personal and sexual lives right in front of their coworkers and no one batted an eyelash.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
according to my bf, who worked there for a while, the flight centre thing is a total fucking hoax-- employees are only allowed to give good feedback and they aren't allowed to be anonymous (ie. they aren't given envelopes for their forms, and if they want one they have to request one from the supervisor and it has to be "sent down from head office").

that being said they do throw a lot of parties for the employees, but it still blows.

matty

TRIBE Member
hmm... List can't be right. They ignored my company, which is far better to work for than the rest of those.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
The FC also gives out awards for everything. "Congradulations! You wiped your ass clean with only three squares of toilet paper! Here's free airfare to Mexico."

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
and Walmart's on there. hahaha. Let's ask ten people who work there if they think they're a great employer.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
hmm... List can't be right. They ignored my company, which is far better to work for than the rest of those.

did your company register and enter the survey?

matty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
did your company register and enter the survey?

Guess not. So this should really be titled "the 50 best companies to work for who bothered to enter our survey."

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I think my work registered for this survey.....I remember getting a call last year about this.

It took like an hour to talk to the lady because she was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.

"In your workplace, how do you rank _____?"
"Very Good?"
"Good?"
"Fair?"
"Slightly Poor?"
"Poor?"

Every question!!!

Robb G

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Balzz
Big surprise...no telecom listed at all. :D

Edit: Whoa...I'm moving to wherever Sasktel is based out of.

I thought Bell Canada ran all the communications across the whole country until I ventured out of my little bubble of Ontario and Quebec.

I was blown away to find all these "weird" names on phones boths; Maritel,Sasktel, Telus (before they bought Clearnet not many people here knew who the hell they were).

Robb

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m

Ok mr.-5000-sq-foot-office-just-for-one-person.